• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tumblin Auto's 6r80 adapter to dana 20

clarrance

Bronco Guru
It's in our little tire burning 2wd.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 109

STalon89

I will be installing it shortly. Will be running an f150 coyote with the matching 6R80 and built up D20. Unless you're doing a coyote, I think this tranny is a bit over kill. Id go 4R70W. Im assuming Tumblin designed this to give you the best possible partner to the coyote, and now that the stand alone 6R80 controller is available, this setup will be more popular.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
My '12 F-150 work truck seems to always be in the perfect gear. It truly is one of the best trannys I have ever used. I am assuming it is the 6R80 we are discussing here. Using it with a controller is tempting but prolly out of my league....

STalon89

Stalon86 what are you using to control the engine and trans ?

Power by the hour controller. Factory ECU thats been reflashed. And I currently have Tumblins adapter kit installed and it went in super easy.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I was calling some of these guys last November when I was still south of Moab
, when there was only one Windsor adapter and USShift hadn't released their controller for production yet... I backed off not wanting to be the first guinea pig...somebody do this... what research I did last fall/winter this looked really cool.