• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I can't be the only one...

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You are not the first nor the last. It has not happened to me YET but I only have one cap and I put it in my pocket when I fill for the reason above... That being said I also bought and painted a second cap just in case...

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
LOL, I'm guilty of putting it on the tire and running it over too... :)
Didn't quite destroy it but gave it some character.

I used to have dual tanks but the side one fell off due to rusty mounts. sold the tank but kept the selector valve. Would move it to the 1/2 way position to shut off the gas as kind of a theft proofing measure. Bronco would only go about 1/4 mile before it started to sputter...most of the time I would remember to turn it back on.

Attachments

• IMG_4106[1].jpg
    IMG_4106[1].jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 28

bronco t

Contributor
Loc.
San Diego CA
You all should get a 77 with fuel doors so you can put the cap in the drip pan. I have driven off without putting the cap back on numerous times, and discovered my bone head mistake at the next fill up weeks later! I guess the fuel doors have their advantages... especially when you get up in your years and your forgetter keeps forgetting!

HB73

I put mine on the drivers seat. If you forget and attempt to drive off, you get a pretty good reminder. Haven't lost one in 22 years.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

suckerpunched

I have not run over a gas cap, but was working on my wifes car a few months back. took off for a test drive with my phone on the sunroof. when it slid off, a car behind me ran over it. I wish it was only a gas cap.

66broncoCT

Contributor
Loc.
Torrington, CT
I guess we just discovered another pro of the LUBR. With uncut rears I can't put my gas cap on the tire so no worries about running it over haha. Mines a half cab so I usually set it up on the bed rail while filling up. Never forgotten it up there but I probably will now that I said that.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
I haven't joined this club, YET. I put them on the tire. No more, seat from now on.

The ladder rack strap levers on my service van ALWAYS go on my seat, so I don't make the evening news.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I drove from So Cal to kingmaz Az to see my sister at Christmas many moons ago and lost my gas caps at the Chevron station in town. Thats like 300 miles away. Went back to see my Sister again 2 years later. I asked about them at the Chevron station and went digging in the lost and found box and they were still there. The paint was a little scratched up from falling off the tire and probably from numerious people digging in the box. They were funning with me country style and suggesting a finders fee or storage rental. We all had a good laugh.I was glad I didnt loose the origional caps.

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You all should get a 77 with fuel doors so you can put the cap in the drip pan. I have driven off without putting the cap back on numerous times, and discovered my bone head mistake at the next fill up weeks later! I guess the fuel doors have their advantages... especially when you get up in your years and your forgetter keeps forgetting!

Another reason why I like my 77, just put the cap inside the door. ;D