• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco anniversary date

Stu7054

Today is the 1 year anniversary of me picking up my Bronco project. This is a project I'm doing with my now 18 year old son.

It was a basket case (literally). I started with a bare frame and body with everything else in baskets actually crates and boxes.

My initial plan was $3-5 k per year for the next 5 years which was all I thought I could do... Little did I know.

I find myself today with an almost completed chassis, fuel injected 5.0 freshly built with a c4 and the body set to go in for paint in 3 weeks. Most other components are rebuilt (or new) and ready for assembly.

When I got the project it didn't have an engine. It came with a 3 spd manual I never planned to run but about 3 of everything else. It had 4 gas pedal set ups, 3 brake pedal assy, 4 2100 carbs, 4 steering shaft assy, 3 heater plenums, multiple driveshafts and radius arms and many more parts I do not need.

I'm actually thinking of doing another and I'm not even done with this one!

It's a disease and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, well good luck.. 2 projects may take up a lot of time. but it is an addiction

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
that's cool.....it will be all worth it in the end. My start and current....6 years apart, only one year? you wanna finish mine? ;D

Attachments

• bones.jpg
    bones.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 37
  • BRONCO.jpg
    BRONCO.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
Stu7054

Stu7054

Bronco anniversary

We, I'm a long way from starting another. Would lift "finish" this one first. I'll just accumulate as many parts as possible in the event that my younger son wants to do one.
I would like a trail rig since this one will be too nice to take off road.

This site is the best and really keeps me motivated.

And educated.

Keep it up guys!