• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco IIs Values

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
While looking at broncos on craigslist the ebs prices have increased considerably and I noticed the FSBs prices are beginning to climb.

That got me wondering about Bronco IIs....since they were manufactured from 83-90, little ones (kids) who remembers their dad's new Bronco II are now getting in the age that they might start buying...do you foresee the bronco IIs getting any love?

Last edited:

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
While looking at broncos on craigslist the ebs prices have increased considerably and I noticed the FSBs prices are beginning to climb.

That got me wondering about Bronco IIs....since they were manufactured from 83-90, little ones (kids) who remembers their dad's new Bronco II are now getting in the age that they might start buying...do you foresee the bronco IIs getting any love?

Everything old is popular...even ugly cars. I'm trying to find a '78 or '79 Bronco, before the prices skyrocket.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The Gremlin is the cool one. AMC people even acept the Gremlin.

The Pacer was a space case. Even the AMC people shun it.

The 2.9 is generally a good engine, except the heads are insanely crack prone. But World Products makes a good set of replacments.

The problem is good ones that still exist are hard to find. They are fairly disposable. Even at 10k a year the newest ones are pushing 250k+ in mileage. So most of them have simply been driven into the ground. I sold my '87 in '99 with 203k on the clock and it was hard to get $700 out of it. And the body was perfectly straight. What do you do with a $700 4x4? Go have some fun with it. They were all pretty much dead by the time they were 15 years old. I can think of about 1 nice clean one I have seen in the past 5 years. And only a handful that actually still drive in junk status.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
So I got curious and looked at CL within 200 miles. There are 9 between San Antonio and the Metroplex. Highest price $5k (4 inch lift, lots of mods), lowest $600 (not in running condition). Couple of 2 wheel drive verstions, one Eddie Bauer, and one unpriced with a 289 and custom tranny (according to the owner's post).

I owned one back in the 90s, not a bad little truck. But Bowsher's right--not so many left out there.

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So I got curious and looked at CL within 200 miles. There are 9 between San Antonio and the Metroplex. Highest price $5k (4 inch lift, lots of mods), lowest $600 (not in running condition). Couple of 2 wheel drive verstions, one Eddie Bauer, and one unpriced with a 289 and custom tranny (according to the owner's post).

I owned one back in the 90s, not a bad little truck. But Bowsher's right--not so many left out there.

I just did a search across AL & GA, saw many on the low end but 3 were around $6,500 that were nothing special.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
They came out when I was in college. I was driving a 69 EB and I really wanted a new mid-sized Bronco and I thought the Bronco II looked pretty good. But that was before I realized how downgraded the BII is compared to an early Bronco. I really don't think they'll ever get a big following. They are relegated to be a sub-set of the Ranger community, and not really part of the EB and FSB communities.

cldonley

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Robinson, TX
They came out when I was in college. I was driving a 69 EB and I really wanted a new mid-sized Bronco and I thought the Bronco II looked pretty good. But that was before I realized how downgraded the BII is compared to an early Bronco. I really don't think they'll ever get a big following. They are relegated to be a sub-set of the Ranger community, and not really part of the EB and FSB communities.

Makes you wonder where the new Bronco, based on the Aussie Ranger will fall in that spectrum.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I bought one new in '84 other then low power and sounding like a souped up sewing machine the dang thang was bullet proof,but was no EB.

Held on to the '76 got rid of lil BII.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
All the plastic inside the b2 was its down fall. The stuff didn't age well. Now for the Gremlin / Pacer I had a hornet for a while with the AMC 304 that was a scarry little car. Fun as hell though. I liked the old AMC line. If I wanted sleepers I would chase V8 Mavericks and Monzas. I think we are about to go through a revival of the street racer trend.

Lawndart

Loc.
I bought one last fall to use when the salt-life happens in the midwest. Body in very good condition, interior nearly perfect, manual 5-spd. It is certainly a blast from the '80s.
I have replaced the steering wheel (original was leather covered) with one from a earlier model BII/Ranger. I like the plain wheel better and thought it would be plug and play since it had the same cruise buttons as the original. All was well until I started looking for horn attachments. Researched and determined earlier ones had the horn on the turn stalk - forgot about that mess. Checked continuity on the original and determined connecting the inner and outer rings sounded the horn. A little jumper made from a portion of a paperclip and now the cruise "OFF" honks the horn!
Have the decent 2.9L tick from one of the lifters. Summer will determine if I have enough gumption to do something about it or move on. Too bad about the oiling and heads on these.
30795630600_a2b773e369_c_d.jpg

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I bought an 84 for $350, I have had more fun in that thing. I will givem this, it is Ford tuff, I have beat the hell out of it and it just keeps right on goin. Only thing I have done is add a lock-rite in the rear and a set of 7.00x15 biply tires, it will amaze you where these little rigs will go, yes they are weak in terms of power but thats what keeps them from breaking parts

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I bought an 84 for $350, I have had more fun in that thing. I will givem this, it is Ford tuff, I have beat the hell out of it and it just keeps right on goin. Only thing I have done is add a lock-rite in the rear and a set of 7.00x15 biply tires, it will amaze you where these little rigs will go, yes they are weak in terms of power but thats what keeps them from breaking parts

I put a set of Buckshot mudders on the one I had and it was amazing where it would go.Had to keep the rpm built up.Friends said it sounded like a corn binder coming across a field.;D

muskrat

Bronco Guru
There's an older fella down the road that has one. It's always garaged and I've never seen it out in the light of day.

Guy in the MEB club has one and wheels the hell out of it. Things a beast and does Black trails all day.

I think they'd make a cool looking truggy w the top cut off on a full cage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AFLtCol

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bring up an older post for the Paul Harvey, "the rest of the story" update. Just looked at the Bronco IIs that recently sold on BaT. Cheapest $6,000; highest $22,500. Damn, I'm wishing I went out and bought a bunch of them in 2017 when they were easily found at $1,500.

Last edited:

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Bring up an older post for the Paul Harvey, "the rest of the story" update. Just looked at the Bronco II that recently sold on BaT. Cheapest $6,000; highest $22,500. Damn, I'm wishing I went out and bought a bunch in 2017 when they were easily found at $1,500.
I just seen this on FB, I'd like to see a better picture of it. Looks pretty cool.
5a2a0b284ea88981cadea98450654af1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk