• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CB radios

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
In high school a friend had one maounted on the spreader bars of his jeep cage and i always loved that so.........

Its a intage cobra 29 channel that i found new in the box in a vw van i traded for

Attachments

• IMG_4445.jpg
    IMG_4445.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 48

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
2f0851dace6d761de7bf7f8a13a190ec.jpg
i have a couple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
When I bought my '73 eb in '83 it had a Galaxy model CB mounted on the hump.
The 70's had a plethora of CB name plates.

Cobra
Motorola
Midland
Sears
JC Penney, yes...JC Penney
Kraco
Radio Shack
Robinson
Texas Star
Wards
Johnson
Etc...

I would check
Vintage CB on eBay.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Midland-Vintage-Monile-CB-Model-79-892-/332146033899?nav=SEARCH

http://m.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NOS-SURVEYOR-2300-CB-RADIO-1976-/182484652724?nav=SEARCH
I think I had a Pace 23 channel mobile in the 70s.

Radios Shack's house brand was Realistic. I had a couple of friends from school who were deep into the fad with base radios at home. One had a Realistic Navaho base station with a fancy mic. I remember that because he would sign off with a description of his radio. I don't remember the other. I was more into driving my car than spending time on the radio.

It seems like if you limit your hunt to 23 channel radios you would be close to the neighborhood age wise. Looking it up the change to 40 was in 77. Although I think some 23s may have been made for awhile afterwards.

Keep the shiny side up & rubber side down. ;D

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I think I had a Pace 23 channel mobile in the 70s.

Radios Shack's house brand was Realistic. I had a couple of friends from school who were deep into the fad with base radios at home. One had a Realistic Navaho base station with a fancy mic. I remember that because he would sign off with a description of his radio. I don't remember the other. I was more into driving my car than spending time on the radio.

It seems like if you limit your hunt to 23 channel radios you would be close to the neighborhood age wise. Looking it up the change to 40 was in 77. Although I think some 23s may have been made for awhile afterwards.

Keep the shiny side up & rubber side down. ;D

My old base unit....Dusty....In my home office....

Still got it after all these years. Ain't been hooked up in years....But I just can't let it go....Lol...

Attachments

• 1489954655060379908082.jpg
    1489954655060379908082.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 19