• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frank's Tech Tips for the day.

FrankSG

Loc.
Pittsburgh, PA
Hi guys,

I was working on the Bronco yesterday and today and have have come up with a few things that have made my life a little easier. I hope they are able to help others out as well.

1. Place tape on a washer to feed into or behind a blind spot. E.g. Door hiinge. You can also do two or more at a time if you space them correctly. The tape easily pulls away. I used masking tape. See pics below.

2. I've used rubber cement to attach weather stripping. Plus it's less expensive and easier to apply. I've also learned that it's easier to apply and cleaner to apply any adhesive to both the metal and stripping. I know there are many different methods to do this, but this is what made my job easier. :p

3. I always struggled with trying to pop those little caps on acetone or similar type of container. especially when laying on the ground under my rig. So I decided to tie an old screw driver to the cap area. :)

4. I got tired of dragging my metal tool tray around on the ground and hearing the screeching sound, so I decided to make a cheap fix by placing a few nylon washers to the base. You can easily by rubber of nylon feet, but I just grabbed what I could find at the moment.

5. I listed this one a few weeks ago, but I figured it's worth listing again. I used GoJo hand wipes to remove wax off of my flat black to. I just happened to stumble on this. (Caution should be used when applying pressure.) Try in a hidden area first.

Again these are things that worked for me, but hey if they help make someone's life a little easier great. ;D Please add to the list.

Thanks for looking.
Frank

Attachments

• IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_2301.jpg
    IMG_2301.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 81