• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

So, I was racing during lunch

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Not much to the story. Drove the Bronco today. Wife and I were out for lunch. Some lady in a Jeep Liberty swerved around me, being very impatient. We were in a double lane, but her's was going to end. I was in second and for fun floored it. She floored it. We were even and I was starting to pull away. Her lane was ending and she couldn't get by me. If I had gone to third I would have pulled past her and I think it was going to get into a hairy situation. But she seemed like she wasn't going to give up, even if it meant plowing into oncoming cars. So I showed some mercy and let off the gas so she could get by. Then she sped down the road like she was trying to escape. I guess I appeared as a madman or something. Wife and I had a good laugh.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Awesome road rage story. Way to represent the bronco community. Thanks for sharing.

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
hahaha funny. Not to Hi jack ....just want to share ....a few weeks ago , beautiful day , one of the days I could run with no top this year. I had some lifted Dodge diesel coal training me when I got behind him . So I proceed to show him what my lil 40 yr old truck could do . Pulled in the right lane , passed him like he was standing still. The look on the guys face was priceless. It gave me a good giggle

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Lacks commitment��

I know, I know. Remember the wife was on board. When she got pressed back in her seat and my exhaust got loud she looked up from her phone and wanted to know what was happening. I said "Oh, some Jeep Fliberty is trying to pass me. Just having some fun.".

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I love to launch hard at a light when kids are egging me on to race them.
Nothing has beat my eb off the line yet, but that could be because they freak out when my front sususpension completely unloads, it looks like the front end is going to come off the ground....haha...I love my eb.

navalbronco66

Not that I condone racing or any unsafe road behaviors and even though my bronco is not complete one of the things I wanted to be sure of was to show up all these damn Range Rover Evoque that seem to be running around. Seems like a 16 year old girls dream vehicle,,Ugh!! I hate those little things..

Anyways I got a surprise under the hood once the light turns green..Now the full size range rovers will be a little tougher, some are super charged and they do sound intimidating.. I'm thinking 400HP under the hood when I'm done with my little bucking Bronco hopefully that's enough to keep those range Rovers at bay.

BTW funny story JAFO, I just had to rant about Range Rover..I guess Heep Liberties will be on my shit list as well LOL

daves bronco

Loc.
Bonney lake WA
sometimes it is just fun to mess with people.
About 15 years ago when I was in mid twenties. Me and the wife are in my truck, had a nice sound system. you know thump thump. any way we pull up to a light and the guy next to us starts to stare at us like we are worthless. After about ten seconds I start to move my truck forward so he can stop starring, well he thinks it is go time and gets on it. looks at the last second. slams on his brakes and stops about 4 inches for the car in front of him. We could not stop laughing for about 5 minutes

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I really think some see ours as slow old cars, and sometimes try to cut us off.
Nobody has to wait for me. I run with the traffic. Sometimes on the freeway, I'll even use the motorcycle style, and stay ahead of the traffic.
What's behind you isn't before you.;)

sriha

I don't drive mine enough now but when we lived in town I was sitting at a light next to a V6 Mustang. Must have thought they finally found someone they could beat off the line, nope. Beat them to where the road went down to one lane so they had to look at their defeat until I turned off. My speedo is off and I should either lube or replace the cable so I just judge speed off the car ahead. I do like to get around stinkers who are bellowing smoke though.

Ryan_M

Loc.
Franklin
cool story bro. Hope you never have anyone die in an auto accident. Lucky she didn't have a gun and just shoot you and pass you anyways, happens a lot now days.

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Geez, lighten up Francis.

Road rage would be not letting her by, and forcing her into evasive action or an accident.