• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rarest Bronco?

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
130 give or take were V8's, 70 give or take were I6. I have a Marti report for mine somewhere. I'll post actual numbers when I find it. V8's more desirable, but the 6 banger is more rare.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Anyone remember the roadster that Barnaby Jones drove with a silver interior on the tv show?

No, but I did meet a guy at Fab Fords in 2011 that said he owned one of the original U13's used on Green Acres. He was suppposed to contact me about an original wheel whe I got back to PA, but never did, and I never got his info.

I guess there were at least 2 according to him. A friend or family member worked in the business or on the set and was able to buy it. Not sure what documentation he might have to validate it as such, but that would be a cool one since many people often refer to it.

Has anyone else on here met him or know the status of these Broncos?

....A quick google image search turns up a 66 and 67 or later with and without flares.

Attachments

• download (11).jpg
    download (11).jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 135
  • download (9).jpg
    download (9).jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 140
  • download (12).jpg
    download (12).jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 131

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Is this the Barnaby Jones Bronco?

I do not recall every seeing the show, but this is what came up when I searched for it (among others).

.....OK, I have seen the video clip of this I guess: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JluOqX6CkK4

Attachments

• Barnaby Jones Bronco.jpg
    Barnaby Jones Bronco.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 153

muskrat

Bronco Guru
No, but I did meet a guy at Fab Fords in 2011 that said he owned one of the original U13's used on Green Acres. He was suppposed to contact me about an original wheel whe I got back to PA, but never did, and I never got his info.

I guess there were at least 2 according to him. A friend or family member worked in the business or on the set and was able to buy it. Not sure what documentation he might have to validate it as such, but that would be a cool one since many people often refer to it.

Has anyone else on here met him or know the status of these Broncos?

....A quick google image search turns up a 66 and 67 or later with and without flares.

I don't, but I sure remember Ms. Gabor!!!

Sourjack89

Very curious about these Bronco Northlander Savage editions...does anyone comprehensively know how many Waldoch ordered from Ford? Were they only ordered for 1976 model year? Were they all painted yellow? Was it “Chrome Yellow” or another color they had agreed upon with Ford. Seems that Ford May have been planning a follow up to the Stroppe Baja edition with this Northlander in mind. Were they ordered as Sport models, Rangers, Explorers, Special Decor??? How do we know how Ford delivered them and then what influence they had over Waldoch modifications. This does NOT seem like a “hands off” agreement with Ford as the Marti reports indicate DSO special order paint and Northland Special package...

Does anybody know anything about these?!!!

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Contact Mono here on the board - I think he knows the most about them.

Todd Z.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There was a white '76 Explorer on ebay and some other places for sale recently - it sold and I saw a copy of the Marti report. One of 11 or less (can't remember and dont have it in front of me.), white explorer model Broncos in '76.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There was a white '76 Explorer on ebay and some other places for sale recently - it sold and I saw a copy of the Marti report. One of 11 or less (can't remember and dont have it in front of me.), white explorer model Broncos in '76.

I think you are referring to this one, Andrew?

Attachments

• Bronco-White Explorer.JPG
    Bronco-White Explorer.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 156

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yup thats the one! I'd never seen a white explorer before that one. I'll try and post the Marti.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I've seen a few green '76 Explorers floating around also. I actually know a fellow in Tennessee who owns one. Makes me curious of how many green ones there were of the 1,610 total.

huddy51

I own a 76 Explorer paint code (B) Dark Jade Metallic. I believe it is the one from the pictures floating around here.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Did you buy it Dennis? I bid mid 20's and wasn't real close. One of the best looking Bronco color combos I've seen!!

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
I own a 76 Explorer paint code (B) Dark Jade Metallic. I believe it is the one from the pictures floating around here.

Was it from Zephyrhills, Florida? If so then that's one I remember seeing for sale.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've not confirmed, but I sold some parts to a guy in pensacola who had a 66 with the frame stamped U12. The story is that the first two weeks of production were run on the same line as the econolines(U12) prefix, and there was a single shift that accidentally stamped some frames U12.

huddy51

Was it from Zephyrhills, Florida? If so then that's one I remember seeing for sale.

JG, From the research I have done I believe it is. I know it was for sale in in Florida. Then my friends bought it out of St. Louis and I bought it from them a couple of months ago. Here is the progression of pictures I have found. The last one is it in my garage.

Attachments

• 5Lb5I85G83E73G33N6c5g0b788ab026161d90.jpg
    5Lb5I85G83E73G33N6c5g0b788ab026161d90.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 68
  • 406126-20.jpg
    406126-20.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_3711.jpg
    IMG_3711.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 71

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
JG, From the research I have done I believe it is. I know it was for sale in in Florida. Then my friends bought it out of St. Louis and I bought it from them a couple of months ago. Here is the progression of pictures I have found. The last one is it in my garage.

That's the one. I recognize that first pic as the one from Zephyrhills. Have you got a Marti Report yet?