• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tucson Bronco Project Day - October 7th - Open Invite

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
BBB(Broncos, BBQ & Beer) AZ was a success!

Photos:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3016950&postcount=64
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3016471&postcount=59

Date: October 7th in Northeast Tucson

Bring your Bronco or just yourself/tools so we can knock out a bunch of projects and get our EBs one step closer to the road/trail.

Everyone interested in coming, send a PM or email through the site to me with your cell phone # or email address. I will send you the address

The Bronco I bought in 2011 hasn't seen the pavement in over 2 years and I've had enough! Gauging interest in getting a bunch of owners together that need help finishing projects that they have either put off or can't accomplish on their own

I have access to a 4 car garage in Tucson with a 4 post lift, a 30 gallon compressor and a good amount of tools.

Projects would need to be rather small, something we can accomplish on a Saturday so everyone can make it home on their own power or towed back home. You leave your Bronco in the yard, its mine! ;)

What I want to get done before the end of the year so I can get it painted:

Fix engine/trans/D20 leaks
Reinstall gas tanks
Wire and install wipers
Secure the cage to the w/s and then remove the cage/dash
Installing seat belts to the cage/floor
Get the 302 running/tuned
Get the speedo to work
Cut fiberglass hood vents open and install with stock latch and shocks
Adjust drivers door to close and fit better
Move rear axle back 1" and reinstall 3 missing leafs
Reduce binding feel in the steering
Add ground straps to cure electrical gremlins

Im thinking we wait until late September or October when the temps drop. Also gives you time to think about what you want done and order parts.

Thoughts? Post up what you want to get done and lets see if we can get a group together and knock out a good chunk of work

Any of our resident experts care to fly in for this fiesta? BBQ, Beer and Pool provided...

Last edited:

Dan74Bronc

Loc.
Chandler, Az
Bunch of words....this fiesta? BBQ, Beer and Pool provided...

I'm in. I just bought a rental house in Tucson and I need to check up on it now and then. I need to swap motors in my Bronco but I don't think I'll drag it down to Tucson to do it but I'm down with helping a bronco brother out. Do I have to call you El Jefe or will Patron suffice?

Dan.;D

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
That sounds cool! I'd love to meet more Tucson Bronco owners and help one another out for sure. I'm super busy with work and kids, but i'll make time. Just let me know when...
I've got a welder I can take and done lots of cool stuff to mine that I can show others how to do such as hydroboost, dana 44 swap, disk brake conversion. I'm Joel

Last edited:

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
Pretty much done with mine mostly little stuff, but I may be able to lend a hand if the timings right. I know there were times I sure could have used a extra set of hands. Love to see Bronco's get back on the road. I got a welder if needed.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I'm in. I just bought a rental house in Tucson and I need to check up on it now and then. I need to swap motors in my Bronco but I don't think I'll drag it down to Tucson to do it but I'm down with helping a bronco brother out. Do I have to call you El Jefe or will Patron suffice?

Dan.;D
Maybe we do a Tucson event and then we get a Phoenix one setup before the March Stampede. I still haven't been to one. Im planning on being in Phx for some football/basketball games later this year too

El Jefe works but only if you have a plethora of pinatas!
That sounds cool! I'd love to meet more Tucson Bronco owners and help one another out for sure. I'm super busy with work and kids, but i'll make time. Just let me know when...
I've got a welder I can take and done lots of cool stuff to mine that I can show others how to do such as hydroboost, dana 44 swap, disk brake conversion. I'm Joel
I need to post this up on the Tucson facebook group I started as well. Ive also collected several names/phone numbers from selling parts or chasing after EBs in town so Im sure we could quickly get 10 guys together and maybe 3 or 4 EBs. I just saw a nice green doorless one yesterday on Speedway but needed to be somewhere or else I would have pursued!
Pretty much done with mine mostly little stuff, but I may be able to lend a hand if the timings right. I know there were times I sure could have used a extra set of hands. Love to see Bronco's get back on the road. I got a welder if needed.
Haven't decided what I want to do with the dash but that may require some welding plus Im thinking about adding some lights to my Protofab bumper and maybe beefing up and fixing the frame rail mounts so a welder would be useful! I am thinking about swapping out the mid mufflers on the Hellcat for some resonators but that may be happening in the next couple weeks.

Lets keep an eye on the weather. Im seeing upper 90s/100s all the way to Sept 1 which is why I never get out to the garage to work on it

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Subscribing to this thread. I like the idea a lot, but haven't seen it done yet.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Subscribing to this thread. I like the idea a lot, but haven't seen it done yet.
When I lived in San Diego and had a Roush Mustang we had a group of 10-15 guys do this several times a year and we got a ton done. They were doing trans and rear end swaps as well in a couple hours.

One of the most active clubs Ive ever been a part of it because everyone kept their stuff running or someone knew how to fix it quick in the parking lot

LOVNBRONCOS

Loc.
Tucson, Az
Did most of my renovations on my back porch in the dead of summer figured if I waited for it to cool off I would never get anything done. I am game when ever you are just holler.

BigToe

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread and the facebook page, it's always good to know fellow Bronco addicts.

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
I loved that Facebook page idea you had and started, but it seemed like I was the only active guy on it ;D... I tried a couple times to get a group together for a cruise/4x4 up the Lava mine at A mountain, but couldn't get anyone together... maybe let's try meet up again and we can check out each other's Broncos and plan for this

Jeepjr1982

Loc.
Tucson
I am in Tucson, will love to help.
My 1976 Bronco still a project. But have 1996 for Bronco to play with.
Just tell us the date.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
While I'm not in Tucson yet, next Spring is our plan for retirement.

While my EB doesn't need much, I'll be there then to help wrench or lend a hand, and the Bronco can be an inspiration for those not yet complete.

Looking forward to driving topless more than 3 months a year. Been shopping in the Catalina Foot Hills, and Tanque Verde areas, but can't find the $1M house for $300K-$400K. We might temporarily rent till we find something if anybody has leads. We already have a realtor. Save some sun for us.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
I am in Tucson, will love to help.
My 1976 Bronco still a project. But have 1996 for Bronco to play with.
Just tell us the date.
Sounds great! Any photos of the '76? Anything we can get done on it?
Looking forward to driving topless more than 3 months a year. Been shopping in the Catalina Foot Hills, and Tanque Verde areas, but can't find the $1M house for $300K-$400K. We might temporarily rent till we find something if anybody has leads. We already have a realtor. Save some sun for us.
I sold my hardtop haha. Year round topless!

Great area! Lots of land. Sent you a PM

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Here is how mine sits right now plus the fiberglass hood and engine bay

Attachments

• 20151108_145738.jpg
    20151108_145738.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 1213151243a.jpg
    1213151243a.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 45
  • 0112161732a.jpg
    0112161732a.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20130106_183931.jpg
    20130106_183931.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 49

jonmelton

I want to come! Let me know when it is and I'll see if I can make it out, maybe even make a YouTube video

RODRIG3911

Loc.
Tucson
Nice Jefe!!!!!! What's wrong with your old hood? Mine is jacked up bad. If yours is good would you like to make me a deal on it once you put the fiberglass one on?