• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The correct early Bronco horse?

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
I'm trying to figure out which is the correct horse emblem for the early Broncos. The horse on the Sport emblem has the tail down but I have seen another emblem with the tail up. I'm just not sure if the one with the tail up is from the bronco 2. They both might be correct but I'm not sure. I want to program it for my CNC mill so I want to make sure it's correct.

Attachments

• Bronco Emblem 1.jpg
    Bronco Emblem 1.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 121
  • Bronco Sport emblem.jpg
    Bronco Sport emblem.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 175
OP
OP
A

American180

Loc.
Mount Washington, Ky
The horse on the left is correct for the BroncoII.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I've been searching for a few hours. I didn't realize how little they used the Bronco horse emblem in the early days. Especially considering how many horses were placed all over the Mustang. The sales brochures that I could find didn't even show it.

scottinga

Other than the sport emblem...I didn't realize they used a horse in the early days

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dlish

Well now that you have the correct tail, what and how many are you running in the mill? I call dibs on extra.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The bucking Bronco was used on the tire covers beginning with the Ranger packages. The first Bronco emblem pictured is a post-early Bronco colt-like version with big hooves. Used on Bronco IIs. I personally would not use on an early Bronco exterior. I have used it on tool boxes and such. Just sayin'.

Attachments

• $_58.JPG
    $_58.JPG
    16.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Bronco_logo.jpg
    Bronco_logo.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 26

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Arn't they both correct for an EB? As people have pointed out Tail Down was on the Sport badge which was "factory" for an early Bronco and Tail Up was used on the Ranger wheel cover, again "factory" for an early Bronco. I guess you could get picky and say the Tail Up bronco image is "correct" only for '73's and up. %)