• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Master Picture List of Original Colors

76YETI

Contributor
Loc.
KC METRO
Anyone have a picture of a 1976 in paint code Z--Copper Metallic? Mine was painted black at some point.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's a solid color.

I may have finally found my color for my bronco, a solid green I can cut and buff in a single stage. Love limestone poly, but metallic changes the whole scheme of the paint job, clouding, even coverage, no cut and buff with single stage or at least not for me. sorry this may have been a slight hijack.

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bump.
Need this thread started again.
Lots of hard work went into this.
Awesome thread.

Hammertime! i have enjoyed this thread over and over, the more iook at the original colors the more i like them. I think i have a problem...................

chuckyb

Contributor
1968 Pebble Beige

I have posted some of these pics before but not to this thread. Color pictures from 1968 family vacation showing my family with their new 1968 Pebble Beige Bronco.

I am currently restoring it to the same color and will add pictures once it's painted.

Attachments

• CCI12112016_2.jpg
    CCI12112016_2.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 125
  • CCI12112016_5.jpg
    CCI12112016_5.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 110
  • CCI12112016_6.jpg
    CCI12112016_6.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 117

Jaxgtc

In addition to the Ditzler PPG 1975 Commercial Colors Ford Truck sheet that has been posted various times, I ran across this brochure years ago too. Interesting for anyone with the year.

Attachments

• 75FordColors.jpg
    75FordColors.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 84
  • 75FordColors2.jpg
    75FordColors2.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 181

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Bump.
Need this thread started again.
Lots of hard work went into this.
Awesome thread.

Hammertime! i have enjoyed this thread over and over, the more iook at the original colors the more i like them. I think i have a problem...................

Agreed, cannot believe I've not seen this thread, perfect for someone like me having trouble choosing a color, thanks hammer

Like the blue DRY and love the old pics chucky!!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have posted some of these pics before but not to this thread. Color pictures from 1968 family vacation showing my family with their new 1968 Pebble Beige Bronco.

I am currently restoring it to the same color and will add pictures once it's painted.

some people just have to be show offs j/k. I love the broncos with stories like yours. what beach?

West Tn Dawg

BULLDOG
Loc.
Kenton
For those asking for the '77 paint chart, see below.

Representing the Y code Jade Poly.

BroncoMorris13.jpeg

I know of five official Y codes; not to be confused with the R coded Jade color.

Gallott73 Gallott73's Thread
Brawnko Brawko's Thread
Wheelhorse Wheelhorse's Thread
Fordfan Fordfan's Thread
Miker Miker's Thread

These are the only "y" coded Bronco's that I'm aware of on here. There are many versions of Jade and Poly, but regarding the Y code, I believe '77 and '78 were the only years offered on Ford Products.

Here's the color chart
ford_1977_truck_dupont_c_04.jpg

I also had one of these. My Dad bought it new in 77 I will try and find a pic of it.
I restored a 77 myself and painted it this color, but it wasn't factory.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

lol, same here brother

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
lets have a color of the week lol. i am going baytree green, but i still like glen green