• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OEM replacement panels

jdgoldapske

I am about to tackle my 71 tub repair myself. Does anyone have any recommendations on which replacement panels are the best for both quality and original fitment. If so let me know.
Thanks
Joe

chuckyb

Contributor
The Dynacorn one piece floor assembly is very nice quality and I highly recommend it. Check my build thread for pics and details. Agree on the rocker panels recommendation.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i can only speak for Jeffs parts. They fit well enough i would say. Look for items like pre-drilled holes for say weather stripping, welded on nuts for seats etc. also depends a lot on where you are geographically. for me, i was driving across country the summer i made a big buy at Jeffs and saved myself a boatload on shipping by picking it up myself.

Be careful also with shipping. others here have received say floorboards flattened or folded over on themselves to fit in a smaller box.

Hank

OP
OP
J

jdgoldapske

Thanks for the recommendations. I am willing to pay for quality items. Its worth it in the long run.
Thanks
Joe

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FYI I paid for "OEM Stamping" parts and they all needed work. If I had to do it again, I'd take the aftermarket parts since you have to work them anyway. Save the money. There's details about the amount of work in my build thread noted in my signature.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
My experience has been that I prefer the Dennis Carpenter panels when I have used them. I got some rear quarters and tail light sections from cj pony and I believe they were dynacorn...poor fit and different gauge metal used on different panels. I sent them back and ordered from Carpenter and theirs fit extremely well...plus they have $15 flat rate shipping on everything.