• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco Toy - Greenlight Diecast

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Cool. Door panels look horible. My 68 dont look anything like that! And is the windshield attached to the hardtop? I think most would like the model put together with no hardtop and the windshield frame attached to the tub.

The reason your 68 panels do not look like those is well, because you have a 68 and they made the panles like a 66-67 that has a rotating lever for the door handle.

The pleats in the door should go horizontal however instead of vertical.

They did however make the seats like a 68-77 with vertcal pleats?

My guess is they looked at a few real Broncos and got the details mixed up between years. This is exactly what happend when I provided a couple of my Broncos to Mattel to use as the reference vehicles for the 1:43 scale Matchbox Collectibles. They wanted a 66 U15, but the 66 I had at the time was a fairly rough, but complete orgiinal U13. I also had a 74 U15 that looked much better, so they keyed in on that and got many of the minor differences wrong which is why the MB Collectibles have rocker and beltline chrome that is painted over, incorrect pleats on seats, etc. I was able to get them to remove the side marker lights from the mold before production after they sent me some prototype pics.

As for the frame to the hardtop, I'm sure it makes more sense to them from a manufacturability / assembly standpoint and they likely do not give too much thought to what some of us might prefer as it relates to being able modify them from the stock form.

Overall, it looks like a nice piece, especially for a smaller 1:64 scale.

OP
OP
chriscobbs

chriscobbs

Loc.
Baltimore, MD
More photos.

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg
IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I can see my desk at work with these all over it ... Yeah

BROwN COw

Is it possible to "suggest" paint schemes to Green Light? I'd love to see a Baja paint job and or balloon chaser. (The Baja would be more appropriate on the most recent Hot Wheels cast though as it has cut rear fenders.)

BROwN COw

Also, I like the stock height for this model. Johnny lightning put out an IH Scout with a huge lift and tiny tires which looks horrible. The last photo above with lifted suspension and original sized tires looks wrong.

rekoj71

One of the first with uncut flares that the wheels look right on for a 1/64th. Any I've seen uncut had the wheels to far in to look good. I think thats why most at that size are flared. Interested to see the final production of this. Either way I'm in too.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
My local Toys R Us has tons of products from Classic Die Cast - I've got a couple of 1:64 classic Mustangs from them that I bought at there.