• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Southeast AL 1976 Bronco Wagon Build... Updated 3 April 2016

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
We rode around with the top off until July. It was REALLY hot without a top here in southeast alabama in July. So, I ordered a Besttop and installed it on the truck.

Here is what the truck looks like now.

Attachments

• downsized_1009000920.jpg
    downsized_1009000920.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 204
OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
So.....that just about gets this build up to date. Here lately I have been getting parts here and there for the next upgrades. Here is a few things on the list and in the work that will be getting done next/soon.

1. 4X4X2 Power steering (box already built, box drilled at tapped)
2. Ford Explorer Serpt Set up (2000 Explorer was the donor)
3. Mustang EFI (searching for parts: still need bar. sensor, vss, inertia switch)
4. RJM wiring harness for above (ordered)
5. BCB EFI Tank and fuel lines (need to order)

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
That is a great project so far. We don't usually come by anything like that up here in the North.

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
See you should have finished the build BEFORE you got married. Now it'll get parked out in woods with all your old Mustangs. I'll have to say you picked up quick on the Bronco stuff. Now snatch that motor out of the coupe so you can run with recoiljunky.

Keep up and the good work, and sorry I couldn't hang out more today when you came by. I've got to finish up this orange one and then paint recoiljunky's stuff before he files a lien against me.....hahaha ;D

soala70

nice project find. I had a 1974 red explorer/sport I sold to I guy in Dothan red/white top I sure miss it. Starting another one 1977 and really want to go to efi but dont feel confortable with doing it might need some pointers from you and 66alride.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
great find. it sounds like you're enjoying it instead of just tearing into it. i wish i had done more of the enjoying part.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
So.....that just about gets this build up to date. Here lately I have been getting parts here and there for the next upgrades. Here is a few things on the list and in the work that will be getting done next/soon.

1. 4X4X2 Power steering (box already built, box drilled at tapped)
2. Ford Explorer Serpt Set up (2000 Explorer was the donor)
3. Mustang EFI (searching for parts: still need bar. sensor, vss, inertia switch)
4. RJM wiring harness for above (ordered)
5. BCB EFI Tank and fuel lines (need to order)

Hurry up and order that BCB gas tank and fuel lines during the 10% off Christmas sale!

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Soala,

I am the guy that called you right after you sold your '74 explorer. I called you and said I just wanted to come down to Geneva and take a look at it. I meet you and your son before you left one night. I loved your truck. It looked awesome!

You ought to check out the one that 66alride is fixing up right now. He has a build thread on here.... here is a link http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149426

It is awesome. I'm sure you would like it.

JDJ

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
MP,

That is what I want to do. I have to wait a little closer to the end of the month to see how the finances are going to be. I just bought another bronco saturday (11 Dec 2010). It is a 1966 U14 but it has a full hard top on it.

I will start a thread about it but.....I figured that I should start a thread about the first bronco......which got the bronco craze started in the first place.

The bronco addiction is as bad as the mustang addiction.....which I have had since I was about 12 or 14 yrs old.

soala70

YEA look like you well on your way to a nice one. Let me know how you come with the EFI very interested in doing that to one of mine if not both for sure.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
great find. it sounds like you're enjoying it instead of just tearing into it. i wish i had done more of the enjoying part.

I wanted to get it running and driving so I could enjoy it before I just tore it apart. Plus, this thing is another project for me. I'll be the first one to admit that I have too many projects, but I like having several going at one time that way when i get burnt out on one, I can quit working on it and move to the next. Kinda like a rotation. The only problem is that it is hard to get one project done :-X;D but these projects never end :-X (don't tell the wife;D)

JDJ

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
YEA look like you well on your way to a nice one. Let me know how you come with the EFI very interested in doing that to one of mine if not both for sure.

Soala70,

No problem. I will keeop you posted. I plan to try and update this thread on a regular basis. Once I get it all together you are welcome to come over and check it out or meet me in town.

JDJ

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
See you should have finished the build BEFORE you got married. Now it'll get parked out in woods with all your old Mustangs. I'll have to say you picked up quick on the Bronco stuff. Now snatch that motor out of the coupe so you can run with recoiljunky.

Keep up and the good work, and sorry I couldn't hang out more today when you came by. I've got to finish up this orange one and then paint recoiljunky's stuff before he files a lien against me.....hahaha ;D

66alride,
Don't sweat it man. I know you are ready to get that orange one done. You are doing a great job! Keep it up and if I can help you with something just let me know.

You maybe right. I might should have finished it before the wedding.....but the MRS. has taken a liking to the Bronco hobby too. That is one reason why I bought the 1966 bronco you told me about. Thanks BTW.

JDJ

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
66alride,

I don't plan on parking this one in the woods. I need this ride to get me in and out of the woods up at the farm. The bronco is a good thing to have when the house i'm building is 1/2 mile down in the woods ;D.

BTW.....I could take the motor out of the coupe and put it in the bronco.....and Recoiljunky would still leave me sittin still like I was tied to a post. He has a MONSTER under the hood of his rig. He took me for a ride in his rig one time......it reminded me of ridinig in my coupe when I still had the 4.10 gears in it.....that is a nasty fast rig

JDJ

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Good documentation of the progress JD, you just need to post pics of the power steering box and also list your planned future mods!

My Bronco is not that fast, it's just so loud and raggedy it feels fast. Kinda like riding a loose roller skate down a slight hill. :)

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
More like jumping out of an airplane without a parachute.

LMAO!!! Recoiljunky, I am going to have to agree with 66alride on this one. Your bronco has a MONSTER under the hood. It is fast. Plain and simple. To me, your rig fills just like my mustang did when I had the 4.10 gears in it. Keep in mind when I had it dynoed....it was around 290 rwhp and 320 rw ft-lbs of tq. It was quick. Not fast but quick for a 3000lb street car. (I'll try and find some pics of the coupe and post up)

Since I changed rear ends in it (put in a stock 3.08 gear), it is still quick but it doesn't spin the tires as bad. I'll have to take you for a ride in the near future.

And one more thing about your rig......it is a .....6000 lb (there about) rig. It smokes the 36" super swampers you got on it and it halls a$$ doing it!

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
Update 21 Dec 2010

I pulled the heater box out on saturday (18 Dec 2010). I am going to take it apart, clean it, paint it, replace heater core, reseal the box, and upgrade the blower motor/fan.

Yesterday i ordered the reseal kit and the two piece hose inlet duct from bronco graveyard. I called and ordered the heater core from my local Advance Auto Parts this morning. I still have to search on here to find out the right blower motor to get for the upgrade. I am planning on getting that locally (prob. advance auto too)

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
I still have to search on here to find out the right blower motor to get for the upgrade. I am planning on getting that locally (prob. advance auto too)

78 Chevy C10. You need the motor and cage. Cut the hole out bigger for the cage. Then with the core cover off, you can line up where you need to mount the motor.

OP
OP
JDJ

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
sweet. hopefully i can work on this later in the week or over the weekend

Thanks for the info 66ALRIDE. Are you feeling any better? Are you workin at the shop today?