• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gumby gets an overhaul! Supercharged Coyote, 6r80 & Atlas and much more!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ

Louie

Bronco Guru
beautiful truck, beautiful color, and i was an avid follower of your road trip adventure! as for the spare tire, the only thing that's lost with the installation of such an impressive rear bumper/tire carrier is that iconic ford lettering on the tailgate. but that's just a question of preference, and the gas can is hot!

also really digging the horses - well done!

Great 1st post & welcome! That is kind of iconic...isn't it :cool:

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
The brotherhood stretches wide and far. Just where did you get that sticker? :)

That sticker got to me on the roadtrip from Tito by way of msweb somewhere outside of Nashville on a treelined driveway on a very hot summer day :cool: Its a cool sticker indeed because those words actually mean what they say unlike "its a jeep thing" ;D

That reminds me, I roll up to this guy on a parking lot in a Jeep Rubicon fully decked out with everything any catalog has to offer. It was lifted ARB lockers front and rear. winch front and rear. What a shame man. The cables have never been uncoiled. Not a scratch on that thing anywhere. He was ofcourse one of those NYC yuppies. I asked him just for the sake of askin where he goes wheeling. He looked at me all horrified and exclaims. My baby has never seen rain or snow. I want to keep her pristine. I just smiled nodded and said "its a jeep thing right". I backed out and found another spot. I want the ARB's

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
It is, my Bro in law wants me to figure out how to weld in one of those sections into his FSB.

Mr. Froman, party of 3, shoot me a pm

You are askin the wrong person about welding. I am a total and complete retard when it comes to welding. I can however take a bunch of picture of all the angles and send them to you.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You are askin the wrong person about welding. I am a total and complete retard when it comes to welding. I can however take a bunch of picture of all the angles and send them to you.

Oh no, I was just referring to the iconic FORD lettering on the tailgate that sadly gets covered with the big rear rack bumpers. Mine's covered too. My bro wants me to take one and weld it onto his Bronco. Maybe 'll just get him the vinyl sticker set :-X

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Oh no, I was just referring to the iconic FORD lettering on the tailgate that sadly gets covered with the big rear rack bumpers. Mine's covered too. My bro wants me to take one and weld it onto his Bronco. Maybe 'll just get him the vinyl sticker set :-X

Yeah. That Ford lettering is sweet as hell. I do miss seeing it all the time. But a big bumper/tire/hilift/gas can/cooler/cb antenna is not such a bad sight either.

Rode around topless today. Gotta say that was quite nice. But did end up with a film of soot on me. You guys living in the cleaner parts of the country are quite lucky.

photo.JPG

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You guys living in the cleaner parts of the country are quite lucky.[/IMG]

Thanks, yeah, 75° (not too mention 35% humidity) and pretty much soot-free today. Perfect topless weather.
But since I don't have a Bronco near as nice as yours, it all balances out somewhere.
With yours, it's all good!

Paul

PS: Just wear a mask. You two would make quite a pair. Gumby and the Lone Ranger! Wait, he wore a mask over his eyes, not his mouth and nose. Nevermind...

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
So I came home today to have 4 large boxes waiting for me. The rest of the vintage air a/c system from BC Bronco and the Frontrunner Serpentine system. I opted for the polished stuff for some nice things to look at under the hood. I went with the complete set including 140 Amp alternator etc because I just added the winch. Man, that stuff is shiny!! Very beautiful indeed. Ill take pics of some of the components and post soon. Hopefully installation will follow shortly. I just want to get it all in there. But thats life in the city. No garage to wrench in :cry:

Tomorrow Im meeting a guy with a kickass Bronco of the hardcore kind. His user name here is gravy. Lookin forward to it!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
In NY? I'd have to hire a guard to keep an eye on the Bronco all night so I could get some sleep....otherwise panic attack nightmares :eek::eek:

I cant leave her on the street. Shed be gone in an instant. Its parked in a garage of the building I live in. They just dont appreciate it when one does any kind of major wrenching in there. Minor stuff is not an issue.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Have you had the new baby appraised and insured properly yet? You're starting to get into the area where most of the stuff won't be replaced if it gets pardon the words found and stripped.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Have you had the new baby appraised and insured properly yet? You're starting to get into the area where most of the stuff won't be replaced if it gets pardon the words found and stripped.

I have not gotten her appraised yet. Not quite done yet ;D Not that Ill ever be done. From what I hear there is always one more thing right? Ill have to do that though.

Did they stick ya with the new style NY plates too? :(

Im still on my temps. I hate the new style plates also. Could that color be anymore obnoxious? It only looks ok on cabs!!

msweb

Bronco Guru
Herman, get that thing appraised NOW and insured for what it's worth. You can alway ammend the policy when it's almost finished ;)

You've been the topic of discussion here quite a few times now my friend and I miss my Bronco - please bring it back!

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You've been the topic of discussion here quite a few times now my friend and I miss my Bronco - please bring it back!

LOL ! Awesome .....

Herman , I love the idea of a vintage aluminum or stainless cooler.

I seem to think that I have seen them new someplace , somewhat recently .... Now I have to do some research ...

EDIT :On sale now at Cabelas for 109 ... Target wants 219 ! :eek:
first find (change the color on the pic to stainless) : http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...56789&parentType=&indexId=cat20093&hasJS=true

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Herman, get that thing appraised NOW and insured for what it's worth. You can alway ammend the policy when it's almost finished ;)

You will see it soon enough!! Ive been trying to get another excuse for a roadtrip so I asked my cousin to fly up here from Atlanta so we can drive down. Then on the way back, Ill take a "shortcut" through Tennessee ;D

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ