• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rubber master cylinder brake hose source?

House

Minutia Militia
I am not posting this in the ads, but it is sort of a WTB post.
I am aware of the rubber lines that Wild Horses is offering, but I am looking for a
more correct to original style. Has anybody seen or found a source for these?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 75

Hotrodjohn

dang, crickets..... I was wondering myself on this as Ive never seen repros of these.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a perfectly good set.;)
They are almost 40 years old still, but oddly enough they look to be in better shape now, than the 8 or 9 year old ones they replaced all those years ago!

But to answer your question, no I have not seen factory replacements in a long time. But have you actually checked a local parts store yet? Just wondering if there is a stock replacement from a traditional source still.
I'm replacing mine with braided to match the lower hoses to the axle.

Yours look to be in pretty good shape too. Are you replacing them because of some problem, or is it just time to do it?

Good luck with the search.

Paul

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Well it looks like you found a new home for your old ones Paul! haha ;)

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Don't see why a hydraulic shop couldn't make those if you know the lengths/sizes

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Are the tube ends available at a hydraulic shop?
Most I see are just the crimped on end with a female coupler and then you have to adapters, etc.

Red Creek

I have had a couple sets made at the local hydraulic house. I like the idea of eliminating the adapters and going back with the correct size. A set is usually around 60 bucks. I have 90 degree elbows crimped at the master cylinder and straight fittings at the block. They can crimp anything you want and the burst safety factor is well above spec.

bam

Contributor
Loc.
Laurel, Ms
I just checked at a local shop about building brake lines and said they don't touch them because of liability. dang lawyers

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
I just checked at a local shop about building brake lines and said they don't touch them because of liability. dang lawyers

That's not the lawyers, that's the owners. No more liability then any other hydraulic line they make. Basically a nice way of them telling you to piss off, not interested. I've never had a shop decline based on "liability" just lack of fittings.