• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ruffstuff Differential Covers!

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
We have been making these for 5 years now!

They have a lifetime guarantee but we have never had one destroyed...

They are 3/8" thick, we did that 5 years ago and other companies tried to make fun of them. Now they make them 3/8" thick also...

We have always welded them inside and out and machined them flat after welding, something the other guys are just starting to do...

These are the originals and we make them in 10 different models...

Dana 30
Dana 35
Dana 44
Dana 60
14 Bolt FF
Ford 8.8"
Chrysler 8.25"
Dodge 9.25"
Ford Sterling
Toyota Landcruiser

album%20dif%20cover%20pic.jpg

Thats a Ford 8.8 and a Dana 60 for referance, thanks for looking!

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have a set , beat on them pretty good at Harlan KY a few weeks ago, not a dent to be seen scratches & gouges will grind out. ;D

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
A friend of mine has these on his Rock Jock D60. They are machined very flat (no leaks) and make a good place to weld your hydro assist bracket. Very good product!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Gravel Maker. Good stuff.
I'm sure I can call directly with questions, but thought I'd ask here 'cause it's late, and so others can see too.

Are there any potential clearance issues with the cover and some tie-rod setups?

I'm guessing not, since you've said that the 44 is your top seller, and no problems, but it just looks tight in there. Even with the stock covers on some trucks.
Do they stick farther out in the center than the stock covers? If so, how much?

Thanks

Paul

mavereq

Bronco Guru
i would love to run one of these but i'm having clearance issues with my trackbar because it's straight dom so anything thicker and i'm screwed.

i like the idea of being able to weld your hydro assist bracket to it.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
They are ~1/4" farther out than stock. Most aftermarket steering has no problems. There was one company that their Highsteer arms didn't fit with our cover but they didn't fit with any cover other than stock. They are out of business for their lack of foresight.

That said, with a high steer no problems, some stock apps may have a tiny conflict but not enough to cause a problem. And they are strong enough to add a ram to with confidence.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Perfect. Thanks.
We're ordering some spring perches, and u-bolts, so I might just get the cover at the same time.

Paul

ransil

Bronco Guru
I have an ARB with mine, no issues.

Here is a tip for the fill plug, its 9/16" allen use a 7/16" bolt ( head is 9/16) with a couple nuts on it.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
Answering a couple of email questions I got from a member....

#1 - Why do we machine them flat?

Simply put, because when you weld steel it moves, we make it flat again. We were the first company to do the extra step and a few still don't do it...

#2 - Whats the difference between Counterbore & Countersunk?

Counterboring (Spot faceing to some) makes a flat surface, we do that first to clear the weld out of the way. Countersinking makes a hole with an angled surface so we can use a countersunk bolt and have the bolt head flush with the rings surface.

Thanks for asking, it seems like those terms are thrown around all the time like they are the same thing.

OP
OP
Gravel Maker

Gravel Maker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sacramento
If one of you wants to handle the logistics I'm all for it! From my experiences in the past you get a ton of people saying yes and then only half of them follow through. On the other side of the coin you had to sometimes entice the manufacturer to actually make them but we keep them on the shelf so its no problem getting one...I would suggest simply using the BRONCO discount code and getting yours when you are ready rather than waiting for a big group to all be ready...;)