• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heading to Idaho

tailpipe

Contributor
Well I received orders to Boise Idaho yesterday and will be heading out there in August. Just curious as to what the Bronco and wheeling scene looks like out there. Not sure as to where we'll end up living, but I will be working out of Gowen Field. Any input with regards to Bronco clubs/groups, trails, BLM areas, or even areas to start looking to live would be appreciated.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Talk to Early Bronco Specialties, in Boise. John, (I think) could probably point you in the right direction. Also a good source for take off parts and bronco work...

208-484-6435

And by the way, there are plenty of places to wheel ;)

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The NWBR is in Florence, Or. There’s a good size group from Idaho that shows up. This year there’s a few of us SoCal Broncos heading up. You know you want to go!

Mark

OP
OP
tailpipe

tailpipe

Contributor
Thanks 904, that's just what I was hoping to hear!

And Mark, I've been dying to get back together with that crazy SoCal bunch so don't threaten me with a good time! I'll definitely look into the NWBR and look forward to seeing some of the gang again. Up until yesterday I was heading back to SoCal (Pendleton) but as typical Uncle Sam had other plans.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Thanks 904, that's just what I was hoping to hear!

And Mark, I've been dying to get back together with that crazy SoCal bunch so don't threaten me with a good time! I'll definitely look into the NWBR and look forward to seeing some of the gang again. Up until yesterday I was heading back to SoCal (Pendleton) but as typical Uncle Sam had other plans.

It will be great to wheel with you again, hope to see you soon! Idaho-TDS really isn’t that far, either! :)

Mark

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
There’s a great wheeling area just south of Boise, not the large but fun. There’s lots of forest roads in the northern part of the state. Pretty sure there’s an ID Bronco club, you might find them on FB. I’m from MO but have friends there.

Lunar-tic

Loc.
Brentsville
I spent a few weeks at Gowen Field in ‘93. It was better than great, so much awesome terrain. Lots of public land to check out. I’m jealous.

martinphoto

Let me give you an early welcome and thank you for your service.

There is a group, Early Broncos of Idaho. They have a facebook page.
They meet once a month and go on trail rides together often.
Places to live? Boise, Meridian, Parts of Nampa. Or numerous small yet close towns. I live in Fruitland which is on the Idaho Oregon border. I can be in Boise in less than an hour depending on time of day. The farther from Boise the cheaper the rent usually.

Idaho is also mostly national forest and BLM. Plenty of places to wheel from mild to a little wild. Also close to Moab as well as other areas already mentioned.

Justin@WH4x4

Sponsor/Vendor
Welcome to Idaho pretty soon. I moved out here about a year ago, and hooked up with the Early Broncos of Idaho. Great group of guys, lots of Broncos and some great wheeling right in our backyard. I'm in Nampa, ID near Boise. Jon at Early Bronco Specialties in Boise is an awesome dude, and can help show us both around when you make it up here. Here is a pic of an excursion that we recently went on to Castle Creek Canyon. Pretty awesome terrain
51316428_2618403931527457_787201457349722112_n.jpg (100.5 KB)

Attachments

• 51316428_2618403931527457_787201457349722112_n.jpg
    51316428_2618403931527457_787201457349722112_n.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
tailpipe

tailpipe

Contributor
Made it Boise!

So we made it Boise about a month ago! A long cross country trip that included a 6.0 turbo replacement, a 6.0 alternator, a blown tire on the fifth wheel, and a front bearing on the toad (towed) Focus! Alas we made it and spent the month of August looking for a house (this housing market is nuts!). We are under contract now and the the most important part of any move is now pending...meeting Bronco folks! I plan to give Jon a call if he's still around. Consider this a shout out to all Boise/Treasure Valley area Bronco owners...I'M LONELY!!! I was able to scout Boise National Forest this weekend for some wheeling opportunities, looks promising. Lost Trail in Melba as well. One disclosure, I have three Broncos sitting in Tennessee waiting for the house so I'm Broncoless at the moment (this is the most miserable feeling a human being can have)! To the Idaho crowd, hit me up via this post or PM, I'm pumped to be west of the Great Divide again!

OP
OP
tailpipe

tailpipe

Contributor
Will do Todd, thanks for the contact info! I'll be in touch.