• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Rear seat tracks...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I got tired of my cooler not fitting behind the rear seat so I put some tracks under it. Now I’ve got about 6 inches of forward travel and a few inches to the rear.

I found some Humvee tracks on eBay for $19.00 and they are just the right size. I had to drill them to match the bolt holes and I fabricated the release bar since the old one was two narrow.

I put the bar on the back so I can get to it thru the tailgate or by just reaching behind between the cushions if sitting in the seat. Took about two hours and it’s sliding like a champ. Works with one hand and no holes were drilled in the EB!

9a264a3f5cfad47de0ba444a6e04e9c8.jpg

d63470a19de7a78134bb95dcefe03975.jpg

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
That's smart! I have a tool box mounted in the back of my Bronco about 10" from the tail gate and that would be so handy for adjusting it for different size objects.

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
That's smart! I have a tool box mounted in the back of my Bronco about 10" from the tail gate and that would be so handy for adjusting it for different size objects.

You could probably take the stops off of the rear of the tracks and make it work as a quick release for taking the seat out too.

These are the Humvee tracks I used. They have rollers in them. I picked up a 5/16 x 36” steel rod at Ace Hardware and bent it to make the new release bar.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HMMWV-...:6DsAAOSwMf1ZoJ9r:sc:USPSPriority!30047!US!-1

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Great idea! Im following your lead. Thank you.

Sure. I mounted them backwards, front towards the tailgate, and used Allen head 5/16 bolts to mount them to the floor.

Saw off the existing release bar wherever you want and the 5/16 rod will slip inside the piece that you leave attached to the track. It took a little filing and a rubber hammer to get a good fit...

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I have thought about doing this with old sedan or station wagon bench seat tracks from the 50's and 60's. Those had like 12" of travel in tracks

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I have thought about doing this with old sedan or station wagon bench seat tracks from the 50's and 60's. Those had like 12" of travel in tracks

These have a total of 10” of travel. I thought about bench seat tracks too but these were cheap and nice military grade.

lgdpt

Sure. I mounted them backwards, front towards the tailgate, and used Allen head 5/16 bolts to mount them to the floor.

Saw off the existing release bar wherever you want and the 5/16 rod will slip inside the piece that you leave attached to the track. It took a little filing and a rubber hammer to get a good fit...

Perfect. I ordered the tracks yesterday. I appreciate the help!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
That’s a great idea. You can’t believe how many times I have removed the rear seat, just to get a couple more inches of space to haul something. Most of the time I move the sear forward, fastening the rear seat bolt to the front bed mount so I don’t have to lift out the seat.

Thanks for sharing this great mod.:cool::cool:

OP
OP
Slowleak

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I wonder if they would work with after market. seat. (Corbeau 40")?

I don’t know anything about those seats but expect they could be adapted to most any rear seat. They are almost exactly the same length as the base of a Bronco rear seat. These are for a Humvee M998 seat if that helps.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I am late to the show here, but this is a great idea and excellent execution. I am not sure I follow how it all comes together but it sounds like a winner and I am going to try this. This is why I check in here as often as I do. Every once in a while somebody comes up with a must-do. I must do this!

lgdpt

I am late to the show here, but this is a great idea and excellent execution. I am not sure I follow how it all comes together but it sounds like a winner and I am going to try this. This is why I check in here as often as I do. Every once in a while somebody comes up with a must-do. I must do this!

100% agree!