• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

98 Ford Explore engine Swap

Broncobowsher

Total hack
The flat tappet cam is made from different material then the roller cam.
The distributor gear must match the cam. The shape is exactly the same, but the compatibility between the materials is different. Get them wrong and in a few thousand miles they will grind themselves apart spreading metal dust through the whole engine.

Jackofalldave

Thanks, I'll have to check out which grear is on mine. Probably the wrong one! Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

Engine Lifting

About ready to attach trans and engine together. What is the best way to lift all at once to install. should fuel rails be removed? What parts needed to put fuel rail back. Have lifting chain, wanted to go from front of block to rear.
That's the way I pulled old eng, trans, trf out. Also need Part Numbers for Oil Filter adapter.

Ron

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Save yourself a lot of time and trouble and get an engine aka load leveler for your hoist.
Home Depot sells them, Harbor Freight sells them....
Putting an engine in is more finicky than taking one out.

Attachments

• big-red-engine-load-leveler.jpg
    big-red-engine-load-leveler.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

sling

where to attach that sling to engine?

Attachments

• IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

Rocko1012

Clucth assemble troubles

Used flywheel and clutch assembly from 88 F150 Standard trans (Oreillys parts) Put trans and engine together twice. Could not turn engine once matted together.
Pull back apart to find Clutch disc housing is binding on bellhousing when fully together. Advice. I was thinking of just grinding the little section that is hitting. See pictures
Anyone experience this.
3 Speed Ford stock trans and bellhousing.
Explorer engine.

Attachments

• InkedIMG_0019_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0019_LI.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 36
  • InkedIMG_0018_LI.jpg
    InkedIMG_0018_LI.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 33