• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Adding accessories

sandersnc

Any suggestions on the best way to add extra accessories controlled with the ignition switch? Thanks

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Grab a single pole relay and an aux fuse panel.
Set it up so the panel isn't hot until the ign hot is switched.

It'll be a lot easier than splicing off each time you want to add something and the wiring can be done a lot cleaner.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters

It'll be a lot easier than splicing off each time you want to add something and the wiring can be done a lot cleaner.

^x2^ I used a relay that sends a load to a Blue Sea fuse block, then ran everything off of there. Mine is double sided so I run one side always hot, and one side ignition hot. Works great. I run my electric fuel pump and a few other things off of it.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
x3 what they said.
It's the only way to add more than maybe one or two small accessories and keep the switch living a long and prosperous life.;D

Paul

charlie6976

Loc.
Grand Coulee WA

I did this set up, but put a fuse in front of the relay that doesn't exceed the rating of the relay or the rating of the (new) aux fuse panel. Say you put a 25 amp fuse in each circuit, each circuit is fine until enough circuits come on and go over the panel rating.

A panel that includes grounds can be real handy. Fiberglass body.;)