• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wanted a Bronco (West Coast Bronco Build Thread)

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
What an awesome combination of components man. How lucky does one have to be to find a new 4r70w like you did. Did you buy a lottery ticket after that?

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if I'm going to powdercoat or paint the frame yet? The cage is the WCB cage. I can't say enough great stuff about those guys. They are knowledgeable and do excellent work! Brian, PM me and I'm sure we will be able to help each other out along the way, too.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I recommend painting the frame. The frame is one of those things it seems you're always welding something new on to. No matter how bitchin' you're building it and how "done" you think it will be, you're almost guaranteed to find the need to weld on some new bracket or mount. The same is true for the cage and other items but you can relatively easily remove other things to re-powder coat. Not so with the frame. When we did the red Mike Bower bronco up at WCB (I'm sure you saw photos of that one), that's how we did that one. Painted the frame and body, powdercoated everything else. Just my $.02 but either way yours is gonna be one of the baddest EB's around.

Dusty

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Dusty. I think I'm leaning towards painting the frame for all the reasons to mentioned. I did see Mike Bowers Bronco build on the website and it is sick! Definitely taking some ideas from that build. Do you remember if you "rattle canned" his frame or shot it in a paint booth? It looks really good in the pictures.

bobzilla

Loc.
Riverside, ca
bad ass man, i have been to wcb a couple times but every time i am in the area its the weekend and they are closed. I have looked and drooled over the pictures of just about everything they do and in my opinion they have the best looking rigs out there. your truck will be the cats pajammas

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
They got the tub set on the chassis (we know the intake is on backwards, just needed to get a height to see if the hood was going to fit). Can't wait to see it with the all of the fiberglass mounted.

Attachments

• kenny 73 127.jpg
    kenny 73 127.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 294
  • kenny 73 133.jpg
    kenny 73 133.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 418
  • kenny 73 134.jpg
    kenny 73 134.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 467

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I stopped by WCB on Monday and your Bronco is coming together very nicely! I think those wheels would look better on my Bronco though;D I also think your engine and tranny would be better off in my Bronco:eek: All the guys at WCB are great and your Bronco is definitely in good hands. You are going to have on nice truck when you are done.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Malonejy. I am definitely getting more excited as the project gets further. I agree, all the guys at WCB have been great.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Things slowed down a little for the holidays. A bunch of new parts came in (small stuff like drive-shafts, lights, winters shifter, steering column). Decided to go with King 2.5" remote reservoir shocks on all four corners. Also decided to go with another tub that the guys at WCB came across. Its a '75 that has all original panels. I should have pictures of the new tub mounted to the frame next week. The first tub is for sale here in the classifieds...

Attachments

• kenny 73 194.jpg
    kenny 73 194.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 239
  • kenny 73 185.jpg
    kenny 73 185.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 325
OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
New tub is on the frame. Work on the tubular core support and rear shock mounts should start this week. Went with Wildhorses shorty headers and high country hood. I think I am going to stick with the stock fenders vs the flared fiberglass. I was really torn about that decision but think it is the right one at this point. The cage isn't mine but thought I would include it as well. John and all the guys at WCB do some really nice work!

Attachments

• kenny 73 204.jpg
    kenny 73 204.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 321
  • kenny 73 200.jpg
    kenny 73 200.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 406
  • kenny 73 199.jpg
    kenny 73 199.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 337
  • kenny 73 195.jpg
    kenny 73 195.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 395
  • kenny 73 205.jpg
    kenny 73 205.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 504

Cobra11

Contributor
Loc.
West Hollywood, CA
sorry to hijack a little bit, but thanks for throwing the pics of my cage up there kholding. Ive talked to john alot about your build. sounds really sweet! the yellow is mine that the cage is going into. its been there a little while(sarcastically) lol.

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I was out there for a visit today and saw both of your guys' Broncos. Both look awesome.

hardcharger

Loc.
San Diego
wow that thing is looking rediculous. i LOVE those beedlocks. this is one motivating ass build thread, lol. should be one badd ass rig when done. goin to have to go swing by WCB when i get back stateside.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
JParker that cage is nice. I was drooling over it when I dropped off a bunch of stuff to John. I was checking out your Bronco as well. It is looking really good. My tub is heading out to the body shop for prep/prime and rhino lining, the core support is underway along with the rear shock mounts, the King shocks are waiting to be bolted on, still trying to decide on seats...