• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gumby gets an overhaul! Supercharged Coyote, 6r80 & Atlas and much more!

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Appraisal and Insurance

I have not gotten her appraised yet. Not quite done yet ;D Not that Ill ever be done. From what I hear there is always one more thing right? Ill have to do that though.

That's true it will only be done the day it leaves your home to be owned by another and this will start the :cool:Bronco Happening allover again for the new owner. We're just worried about you dude you know living in NY with no garage, a screamin chick magnet with lotsa new shiney parts, it might just be too tempting for someone to pass up. At least keep all of your receipts in a safe place for now and take digital photos of all of them so they are easily accessable.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I have not gotten her appraised yet. Not quite done yet ;D Not that Ill ever be done. From what I hear there is always one more thing right? Ill have to do that though.

That's true it will only be done the day it leaves your home to be owned by another and this will start the :cool:Bronco Happening allover again for the new owner. We're just worried about you dude you know living in NY with no garage, a screamin chick magnet with lotsa new shiney parts, it might just be too tempting for someone to pass up. At least keep all of your receipts in a safe place for now and take digital photos of all of them so they are easily accessable.

Anyone that wants to steal her needs to steal me with it. Im there all the time ;D

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I just got back from Monmouth Junction, NJ to meet Dave AKA Gravy. Man that dude knows his Broncos. Gave me lots of great advice. While I was at it, picked up a steering wheel, seat-belts and some gauges. Now to install everything.....

Talk about a kid in the Candy store.

msweb

Bronco Guru
You will see it soon enough!! Ive been trying to get another excuse for a roadtrip so I asked my cousin to fly up here from Atlanta so we can drive down. Then on the way back, Ill take a "shortcut" through Tennessee ;D

Bring it on brother and when you do, we'll have a crowd assembled for a good ole down home BBQ!

70 U150

Loc.
Green Mountains
Nice ride! I like the lift wheel/tire combo. What do you have for a lift and tire size?
Who makes the wheels and what size are they?

Thanks

msweb

Bronco Guru
Nice ride! I like the lift wheel/tire combo. What do you have for a lift and tire size?
Who makes the wheels and what size are they?

Thanks

If I remember correctly it's a 3 1/2" suspension lift, 2" body lift and 35" BFG's. The wheels are M/T Classic's or similar.

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Finally plugged all the bolt holes in the tub. Went all over the place to find some rubber plugs. But there are simply too many different sized holes. I ended up getting the two part epoxy putty and made plugs. Stong as hell and easy enough to take out if need be.

Also installed new weather stripping around the doors as the old ones were kinda chewed up from not being glued properly.

The Procar Rally Seats are in with all the brackets and passenger storage compartment. Im really happy the way they turned out. Super comfortable. I just cant gain any weight otherwise I will not fit in them ;D

The PO put speakers in the door. Quite descent Alpined. Only problem was that the window mechanism would rub against the magnets of the speaker. Found 1" spaces and that soled the problem. Looks alright too.

I looked around for various sound & heat insulation matts. Originally thought of using Dynamat but decided for B-Quiet ultimate from www.B-Quiet.com I had previously installed this stuff in a Lotus with great results. I started cleaning out the tub to do this tomo but remembered that tomo is another mini roadtrip day. This time to Massachusetts. Ill take pics then and post them.

msweb

Bronco Guru
And the progress continues!

Hope your trip was a great one and yes, post up!!!! ;D

andybgood

Loc.
Overland Park
Great truck! I'm curious; which package from bc broncos did you order since the serpentine kit comes with an A/C compressor? Did you just order the evaporator only?

Looking forward to more pics!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Great truck! I'm curious; which package from bc broncos did you order since the serpentine kit comes with an A/C compressor? Did you just order the evaporator only?

Looking forward to more pics!

I got the frontrunner serpentine package as well as the complete vintage air ac unit. They credit the duplicate parts such as the compressor as they are a part of both kits.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
great truck is right. No more rattle noise?

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Does the UPS drive know you by name now? Do you leave cookies and milk out there for him?

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
He has known my name for several years now. I have other hobbies. This year I think I need to give him a larger christmas bonus as the pars have become very bulky and very heavy!

I took his sons out on a drive to make up for the heavy parts their dad had to lug. They were quite happy. I had to stop by their friends house so they can be seen in the "monster truck". Kids are too cute man.....