• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Gumby gets an overhaul! Supercharged Coyote, 6r80 & Atlas and much more!

jduffent

Sponsor/Vendor
Goodie for the finishing touches on the rack, looking forward to seeing the finished product doing some Urban Wheelin'! Was just looking at my pics for using and yours are muuuch better! I think I might be needing to request a few to put in the catalog...

Mike, I did notice he said wheel(s) plural... hmmm....

Herman, hit another good hole like the one we hit on our 'wheeling trip' and see if that solved your fuel problem ;-) That would be great to not have to do fuel stuff right away.

Suzy

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Herman,
Thanks for sharing your Bronco stories with us. It is just awesome to see your enthusiasm for the Bronco and the “brotherhood” that comes with it. Your Bronco adventure(s) take me back to when I got my first Bronco. You have an awesome Bronco to start with and your improvements just keep making it better. Keep the updates coming!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Goodie for the finishing touches on the rack, looking forward to seeing the finished product doing some Urban Wheelin'! Was just looking at my pics for using and yours are muuuch better! I think I might be needing to request a few to put in the catalog...

Mike, I did notice he said wheel(s) plural... hmmm....

Herman, hit another good hole like the one we hit on our 'wheeling trip' and see if that solved your fuel problem ;-) That would be great to not have to do fuel stuff right away.

Suzy

Hey Suzy!! Yep the rack is almost complete. I saw a couple of vintage coolers but they were all in real bad shape. Ill keep looking. The antenna should arrive either tomorrow or monday.

Tomorrow is also a day trip to the delaware water gap. Ill definitely look for some holes ;D

The finished product you say? I dont think that will ever happen. The list keeps getting bigger. Im afraid my walet is not keeping up. But ill try. I cant wait for the 4 link :cool:

Wheels (plural) yes. as in two spares. Cash needs to be routed elsewhere. Can I have everything under your hood?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure exactly what your neighborhood is like, but any winch-equipped off-roader that spends time in it's Urban environs might consider some sort of anti-theft device. Something as simple as a tack-weld here and there. On both the bumper's mounts to the frame, AND the winches mounts to the bumper.
Can't hurt really. All you're doing it slightly messing with a couple of nuts and bolts. nothing that can't be cut back off with a little work. Just more than most thieves would take the time to do.

Alarm too? Hate to see all of your hard work walk away. Ours don't get stolen near as often as more modern, more valuable rigs, BUT, as the value rapidly increases on Gumby, not to mention the value of the personal time and emotion you have invested, and it's be a bummer indeed.

Just sayin'... Says the party-pooper.

Paul

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I did promise pics of the new behind. Its almost complete. I have a spare but no jack. Thats in the mail.

DSC_0149.JPG

DSC_0166.JPG

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
That's a very nice rig and very excited for you. I second the advice on finding some local Bronco Brothers!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
I cant seem to help myself. I cant seem to keep my hands off her ;D Today was a nasty day up here. Rain Fog and more Rain. So what else can you do other than drilling holes in your EB? Hope you guys like it. To me it completes that area. Also explains to people what Bronco actually means. Yes, I did it on both sides. To avoid any rust issues with water getting behind the emblem I first filled it with Epoxy.

photo-1.JPG

photo.JPG

msweb

Bronco Guru
I just noticed the decal on the gas can - Nice ;D I'm sure Titto would approve!

Robinson

beautiful truck, beautiful color, and i was an avid follower of your road trip adventure! as for the spare tire, the only thing that's lost with the installation of such an impressive rear bumper/tire carrier is that iconic ford lettering on the tailgate. but that's just a question of preference, and the gas can is hot!

also really digging the horses - well done!

OP
OP
NY-Bronco

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
My winch arrived today :cool: Me soo happy!! Here is a crappy cell phone pic in a dark garage. Just test fitting it now. I will go to a fabricator later on today to get a mock up of a "mini" pre-runner bar. Two off-road lights and the exterior of the Bronco will be complete. Better pics will follow once installed.

The winch is the 9.0 RC. I wanted a smaller package to keep the grill and the Ford logo visible. The 9.0 RC uses synthetic rope only. Its approximately 4~6inches shorter in length than the xd 9000 or 9.5ti.

photo.JPG

Hank_

Bronco Guru
The winch looks great. Now the fun will begin when you get somewhere that you get to use it.;D

Henry

msweb

Bronco Guru
Sweet mother of winches! :eek: I think we've created a monster - or woke one up again. Looking good Herm, looking GOOD!