• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I went to the car show yesterday and asked one of the Ford reps if she had any info on the New Bronco. She replied, "That'll be out in 2020". I asked if they had any pics of the new design. She responded, "Have you seen Rampage? There's a new Bronco in that movie, but the new one is likely to be different" I was surprised they would even mention the 15 year old concept.

Just someone who knows nothing trying to be relevant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geniusloerts

someone say my name? ;D

63a12fa12ab90407c4e9302076c1853e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Went back a few pages and did not see this rendering yet. This one I would test drive. It shares a lot with my wifes FJ Cruiser.

Attachments

• 52457275_2255775148074599_8098136329524609024_n.jpg
    52457275_2255775148074599_8098136329524609024_n.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 177

BroncoChicken

I wish people would stop putting out renderings that use f150 headlights/grill/tailgate. The one thing we know is that it will be based on the ranger platform.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Well it looks really cool but if Ford doesn't make the new Bronco at least somewhat nostalgic towards our classic styling then they've missed the mark and they missed a huge opportunity they can always grow the Bronco into the full size platform or look in the future just like they did the first time around

eb-nutt1

Little FYI---talked with my cousin today who works for a aluminum casting company here in the deep south...the have contracts with several manufacturers for engine blocks, cylinder heads, battery boxes for ev vehicles...his little nugget: they have the contract to cast the block for the new bronco 2, or as we will know it ford "maverick", they are also casting the battery boxes for a ev mustang and one other ford product.

Brian

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Little FYI---talked with my cousin today who works for a aluminum casting company here in the deep south...the have contracts with several manufacturers for engine blocks, cylinder heads, battery boxes for ev vehicles...his little nugget: they have the contract to cast the block for the new bronco 2, or as we will know it ford "maverick", they are also casting the battery boxes for a ev mustang and one other ford product.

Brian

The two times Ford has used that name for an SUV so far it has been an Escaplorer kind of thing.
So no point getting your hopes up.

eb-nutt1

Promise my hopes are not up...it will supposedly be a unibody SUV, smaller in size than the escape...was just enforming the group about a SUV loosely connected to the bronco that is going to hit the market

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Well it looks really cool but if Ford doesn't make the new Bronco at least somewhat nostalgic towards our classic styling then they've missed the mark and they missed a huge opportunity they can always grow the Bronco into the full size platform or look in the future just like they did the first time around

They will definitely start off small and make it larger and more powerful with the next gen

That’s pretty standard way of increasing sales

Nostalgia is their best defense against the Japanese and Korean companies

Otherwise the big three can’t compete , the Asian cars are cheaper and more reliable
Plus they are fixing to be the ONLY passenger cars you can buy

Ford is abandoning that market and giving it to Honda Toyota and Kia because they can’t compete

Stu7054

That has been my prediction all along. The Ranger that has been around in other markets is due for a make over. They easily and cheaply build and sell the existing Ranger platform here in the states. Then upgrade it along with the new Bronco.

I believe they bring out the Bronco and at the same time bring out a new Ranger.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
That sounds pretty logical to me. But I'm afraid, I may not be able to wait that long. I'm seriously looking at the new Gladiator. Even if the new Bronco is a hit. I will have to give up my F150 to make the purchase. I want to get into doing some overland camping, and I feel I need to have some form of a truck for everyday use. So the Gladiator is looking like a good fit for my plans. I have a great original 76 Bronco, but with the increasing value of the Bronco. I'm becoming less comfortable with the idea of wheeling it anymore. So If I go this route,there is nothing in the budget for a new Bronco.

Last edited:

asappin

I just hope the new bronco gets the new 3.5 ecoboost engine. Drove a new expedition the other and that thing was quick. I was very surprised of the power.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
That has been my prediction all along. The Ranger that has been around in other markets is due for a make over. They easily and cheaply build and sell the existing Ranger platform here in the states. Then upgrade it along with the new Bronco.

I believe they bring out the Bronco and at the same time bring out a new Ranger.

Ford has a habit of doing a makeover and selling the new gen everywhere in the world but here
And selling the yesterdays news old gen here

They did it with the Focus
Europe got the new one and we got the one that ford stopped selling in Europe
We were always 5-8 years behind the rest of the world

Don’t they make crew cab turbo diesel manual transmission rangers here and sell them everywhere except here ?

I got a friend that works at a port and he seems to think thats the case