• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Pierce is almost home - final bronco convoy Nov 4th

ttkelly

Hey guys,

As you know, my son, Pierce (2 yrs), was discharged from Children’s Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) late August cancer free. He had Acute Myeloid Leukemia, spent 115 days inpatient, with 2 rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant. We weren’t able to bring Pierce home then because he needed to be within a 30 min radius of CHLA through his transplant Day+100. We can finally bring him home November 4th.

Our first Bronco Convoy celebrated him being discharged, and helped take him to some relatives who live near CHLA.

Would you help us celebrate his homecoming with a second, Homecoming Convoy? Proposed details are below.

Also, BeTheMatch, the US Bone Marrow Registry, was instrumental in helping save Pierce’s life. We plan to ask local businesses to support our Bronco Convoy using our fundraising link (see below).

Let me know if you’re interested and thanks again for all the support. Looking forward to having my boy home.

Tyler

1st Annual BeTheMatch Bronco Convoy - Fierce Pierce’s Homecoming

Date: November 4th
Time (LaCanada): Meet at Descanso Gardens @9am for coffee & doughnuts, leave at 10
Time (Thousand Oaks): Drive to Pierce’s Home ~11am for viewing of the Broncos & lunch

Fundraising Link:
goo.gl/6uqx6y

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
BEST wishes for the little man and his dad!! make it happen captain!

HB73

Hey Tyler. Couldn't make the last run, but I'll sure try and make this one. I'll know better as we get closer if I'm working or not. Good luck to the wee man.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

67RT

Bronco Guru
A a pharmacist and dad, our family is hoping for a complete and lifelong remission. This is a great step.
By the way, I am very jealous of your location. Tried to move that way years ago and it didnt work out. Great part of the country.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good luck today gents and pics please of our little strong man!

OP
OP
T

ttkelly

Pierce is finally home! Thank you all for the support

Hello All,
The convoy was a hit! Pierce and his older sister had a blast riding out to Thousand Oaks in style with a contingent of awesome broncos! After not having him home for nearly eight months this past week with him at home has been surreal. The fight is not yet over though we are one big step closer to “normal.”

Thank you all for the support and I look forward to seeing many of you on the trails this summer with Pierce and his sisters! Below are a few photos from the day.
Cheers,
Tyler

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B12GfnH8tGt0gy4

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THOSE pics put a smile on my face this morning! continued prayers for our little Bronco buddy!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Wow! What a great turnout.:cool::cool: Many hopes and prayers for Pierce.

Last edited:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Bet this will be a special Thanksgiving, although probably every day is now! So glad your little guy is home where he belongs. May Pierce continue to get stronger every day, and someday be looking to take the keys from you with all this in a distant rear view mirror.

RPM289

Praise to God for your little man making it home! This is a great read and just want to say THANKS to all those who went in place for those of us who could not!!!!