• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

We go look inspections

Bogar

Did they drive the Bronco or just take pictures? Also, did they check VIN on frame?

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
"Photos of the vehicle were taken to the best of abilities given it's location."

I guess the inspector did not have the ability to kneel, stoop or get under the vehicle.

Can you request certain pics?

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Pretty neat there is a service like this, but my skeptical, pessimistic side (which always seems to surface) says there is room for improvement. ;D

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Gotta love the pre-programed photo shoot. 'Driver door jamb VIN' = Pass. side 'Bronco' and 'VIN through windshield' %)

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"Front Interior View from Driver Side" is clearly taken from passenger side!%)

OP
OP
badkarma

badkarma

The car is being stored in a garage and could not open door due to the VW bus. The owner is not on site so I needed a confirmation of vehicle. Title and registration were in vehicle and pictures were supplied. I am in Ga and wanted to insure as much was on up and up. The internet articles on it Project buckshot were also a lot of info.

techfab

Loc.
Austin
That is a great truck (and really nice seller). I was very close to buying it; but, wife (wisely) talked me into shopping for something a bit more family friendly.

I would love to know what you paid for it (for a point of reference)??? CA prices are insane.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
A few years ago a member posted about his experience hiring a 'professional classic car inspector' to look at a Bronco that he wanted to buy.
After looking at the Bronco the inspector looked at the buyer and told him that he had no idea what to look at or for on a Bronco.

Still charged him the fee though.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I would still drop dime and fly out to look at it in person, now that it looks good.

67RT

Bronco Guru
I hired a guy in Southern California. It was under $200 and I got a great report with pics everywhere, a drive, etc. Can refer if someone messages me.

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
That's a neat service. Makes sense that something like that exists. Picture quality could be better for sure, but you do get a good idea of what the overall condition is.

Nice bronco as well!!

OP
OP
badkarma

badkarma

A few years ago a member posted about his experience hiring a 'professional classic car inspector' to look at a Bronco that he wanted to buy.
After looking at the Bronco the inspector looked at the buyer and told him that he had no idea what to look at or for on a Bronco.

Still charged him the fee though.

I paid 99 dollars on PayPal, I was called in the hour. The inspection happened the next morning by 10 a.m. Everything I asked for was delivered in a rapid and timely manner. Backed by EBAY by proving I had inspection etc
if I have to make a claim against seller to get fees reimbursed by EBAY insurance if fraud. Seems like a win to me.