• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Duffy's 77 Build Thread- Restomod, daily, re-uncut

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
You can test fit it with a set of stock body mount bushings. AA makes a set of bee hive bushings that would work well (what they show in their instructions and they are VERY $$$ proud of them) but I just took mine to a belt sander and tapered them to clear.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is what I had to do to the bushings to get everything to clear. I cut out enough. Which is a relief.

Attachments

• IMG_4118.jpg
    IMG_4118.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 467
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Inner fenders and core support are in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 426
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I test fit the speakers and decided they needed to be trimmed to work. I could have used a spacer but I don't like the looks of them. The PO cut the doors for 6.5" so I didn't have much of a choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 279
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My interior of my doors are pretty nice. With very little rust. Mostly just surface rust. I put por15 on as much as I could. I decided on truck bed liner (the rattle can kind) on the inside bottom. That way water and such and pour out without harming the door.

I am going to try and cover 100% of the inside of the door with por15. It's just hard to get to all the areas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 260
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Front axel is back in. It's coming along!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 319
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the shift kit installed, the usshift guys write a very detailed instructions set. I also cleaned it better and painted it. I think it looks pretty awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 381

mike mck

Loc.
Phoenix
Yeah, I wonder how long he has been doing this to people. I kind of felt like I am saving people from dealing with him.

I decided on a EFI high end restomod build. Since everything was toast.

I have a 16 year old kid doing the body work, him and his dad are doing it together.

I found a 88 mustang H.0. motor that I had mostly rebuilt by a friend. New rings, bearings, honed cylinder walls, valve seats and just fully gone through. It had 70k original miles. I powder coated all the pans, valve covers, intakes etc.. Then all silicone race hoses and vaccum hoses. I deleted the egr and spent hours and hours cleaning everything! EGR motors are dirty! I then had my buddy that owns a monster truck building company redo my c4 and D20. They are fully built with race internals and such. I then did twin sticks from wild horses. Turned out sweet!

What computer did you use for this set up? My 76 with a 351 has a Turbo city kit which is basically a chevy TBI set up. I have a mildly built 94 lightning motor so could drop it in and have the Ford multiport injection. Question is what computer to use. I'm running a C4 and twin sticks as well.
Help with your computer of choice would be great.
Just noticed you are not running the C4 and probably running your trans off the computer as well.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am using a ECU from a 1990 Mustang. The 4R70W will use the USSHIFT by Baumann Electronic Controls.

You can buy the ECU from any junk yard or ebay. The lightning motor has a beautiful intake. I wish I had it!

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Getting ready to cut the stainless icon grill copy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 380
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here is the area I am cutting out of the original grill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 301
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got my BC Broncos stainless headers and stainless 2-1 exhaust. The pipe bends are a little jagged, but overall they are nice. I am going to get rid of the burrs and polish all of it and use pickling paste on the muffler to get rid of the weld heat marks. It will keep the welds from rusting.

Attachments

• stainless exhaust.jpg
    stainless exhaust.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 255
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got my BC Broncos headers installed. This was a pain! I went with stainless bolts. I had to cut a allen wrench down to get into the tight corners and one bolt had to be the stock type. I will look for a stainless version. What a pain! They sure do look good though.

Fitting in the stock studs for the engine lift spots was impossible. I flipped them around and they fit. I hope they work this way. I can't see why they wouldn't.

Attachments

• BCBRONCOHEADERS.jpg
    BCBRONCOHEADERS.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 285
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got the body all media blasted, fully inside, out and under, doors, top etc.. The body panels were done with soda and a little copper slag mixed it for bite. The underbody was more copper slag. Its so nice have zero paint anywhere!

Attachments

• IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_4253.jpg
    IMG_4253.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 383
  • IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ended up having to add breathers to both gas tanks. They are from a newer bronco. I also had to add a fill vent on my aux tank. It should be ready for Efi now.

What is everyone using for a charcoal canister? I need to vent these to something.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 245

POPPAWS BRONCO

Loc.
Horn Lake, Ms.
Venting the tank. I have two vents on the TBP 23 gallon tank I just installed I left them sealed as there was nothing in the instructions about venting except for the filler hose one. The charcoal canister line went to nothing so I just removed it. And used that spot to mount my EFI brain. This post has me second guessing now.

OP
OP
D

duffymahoney

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't want the smell of fuel. So the fuel caps will be sealed. Then the vent can go to a charcoal canister.

I did read that some people have put them on the intake after the Maf sensor? Basically it would burn the vapor?

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Mine goes through a charcoal canister and then into the air intake before the MAF.

This way, it is metered as intended.