• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thoughts on this ‘79?

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

I guess I’ll find out more tomorrow. I looked at this truck for a young man I met at SC. He decided he wants something more stock. I’ve never talked to the owner. His wife gave me his phone number and I passed it on. Since the other guy doesn’t want it I decided I might just buy it. I was also thinking of switching the shifter back to the column And removing the flares and finding a hood. Those are 35’s on it now. I don’t know the engine. The carpet in it looks good just dirty. The seats look great just dirty. He may start it occasionally so I’ll find that out. The frame looks excellent. A little surface rust on the springs and hangers. I’m taking cash with me so we’ll see what happens. This guy has two classic broncos that he built himself that are very nice. 408 strikers in both (or406 I forget). I talked to him last summer but we never discussed the ‘79

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

I know I said I’ve never talked to him but I meant about this one. I met him last year and we just talked about his old ones

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
door post and floor is the biggest pain on them ... look under all the carpet if solid / rust free get it !

I think the 2 tone xlt w. all the chrome moldings are the next once to increase in value ! the 66-77 are getting harder to find and just like the mustangs for blue collar workers to expensive ...
last weeks SC was a very good example of that trend .... I have never seen so many full size broncos at one event !

I like them like so ... preferably original !

Agree with the full sizers at SC. Them two tone green and white ones were beautiful. Ken

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks Ben. I’d have thrown them away but someone might want them. I plan on going to deal with the guy tomorrow. Peggy is out of town so I need to get it before she comes home. I may still talk myself out of it.

I’m sure she won’t notice it sitting there...%), but I bet she doesn’t call this one a Jeep ;D. Good luck Tug, I hope it works out for ya!

OP
OP
Tugross302

Tugross302

I guess this is on hold til next week. This ‘79 is about an hour from my house but my work takes me by it almost daily. I had planned on stopping this afternoon and talking to the feller but when I was 5 minutes away my boss called and gave me several things to do. So I skipped going to talk broncos. Work comes first I guess.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was 5 minutes away my boss called and gave me several things to do. So I skipped going to talk broncos. Work comes first I guess.

Screw the boss...I always ignore mine. He's such a jerk anyways...

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Slowleak, I looked at that ad, was there really such thing as a Bronco "Trailer Special"?

I'm just curious, I'd never seen that before...on a Bronco.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Slowleak, I looked at that ad, was there really such thing as a Bronco "Trailer Special"?

I'm just curious, I'd never seen that before...on a Bronco.

Yes. It has the usual towing options like an upgraded radiator, heavy duty battery, external oil cooler, front and rear sway bars.....

I had to do some googling last night to find out what was included. Apparently there was a light duty package and a heavy duty package....
http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum...ed/401274-id-info-trailer-special-bronco.html

NCSUWoj

Loc.
Lynchburg, VA
I too have gotten into a full-size recently. Picked up this two tone 78 a few months ago. Slowly getting it road worthy again. I have good pans and cab mounts but my wheel arches are toast and the stupid back window is giving me a fit!! Ha.
I was looking for a 78-79 f150 as I have had several of those but ran across this guy. I think it will be fun to knock around in if I can get it road worthy.

Attachments

• IMG_20180121_140150870.jpg
    IMG_20180121_140150870.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 21