• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baja or Bust Build Thread

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

I planned on class 3, that is the class we ran last time but I am considering the vintage class now....

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
You should go vintage. It's a new SCORE thing and a first for the 1000. It will help to keep you out of harm's way and around 200 less race miles. At least something to consider since you need to drive it home.

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

I like the idea of 200 less miles! Trophy trucks should be long gone ahead of me unless one is playing catch up due to a repair or mishap...20 years ago the only TT we saw was when we passed one (Stewarts?) sitting on the side of the course with a tarp over it...still wouldnt want a TT pushing me out of the way though!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looking good!! I was out at Twisted Customs this afternoon, Jason Paule is running his Scrambler in the vintage class this year, he's run it and finished both the Mint 400 and the Vegas to Reno race.

Attachments

• paule1.jpg
    paule1.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 93
  • paule2.jpg
    paule2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Looking good!! I was out at Twisted Customs this afternoon, Jason Paule is running his Scrambler in the vintage class this year, he's run it and finished both the Mint 400 and the Vegas to Reno race.

Love that 2nd shot...

Jedhead

2nd shot is great, always wondered how it would be to run a race in a rig like that!C

OP
OP
Swerve

Swerve

It starts, runs, charges, steers, drives and stops...Next is wiring the lights and small details like race air, windshield wipers / washers, etc...We are using a roof rack now instead of pulling my trailer, which should make the trip across the country more enjoyable but leaves less room for spares...

Attachments

• IMG_1245.jpg
    IMG_1245.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 121

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
DAVE!!!! looks amazing!! wow, you covered some time in a hurry!

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
It starts, runs, charges, steers, drives and stops...Next is wiring the lights and small details like race air, windshield wipers / washers, etc...We are using a roof rack now instead of pulling my trailer, which should make the trip across the country more enjoyable but leaves less room for spares...

Looking good! It makes sense not having the trailer if you don't have a chase truck. Only bringing what you can carry, you need to choose wisely!

landshark99

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the push! Hopefully you can continue your check ins on here through the trip, in the race and back!

Trey Taylor

Baja or bust

I passed you guys yesterday going through Memphis. Looking Good!!!

Good Luck!

Attachments

• IMG_2753.jpg
    IMG_2753.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2754.jpg
    IMG_2754.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 130