• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Stock Bumper Advice

Torkman66

Contributor
So as happens more than it should, I purchased new stock bumpers for my 72 resto over a year ago. I am just now at the point of installing them in the build process. Took them out of the box and both bumpers look great except the top flat sections about 10” on each end are wavy and look terrible. The metal was just not flattened out before chroming and they are slightly dented in waves those last 10” on both ends. Just not going to put these on this Bronco build.

So, I’m looking for show quality stock chrome bumpers. I see WH has “Super” bumpers they say are show quality, but would like to hear from someone who has them. I’m out 400 on the set I have and don’t want to buy more that arnt show ready.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Any chance of returning those for better ones?
Given the circumstances, it’s obvious that it wasn’t from abuse or carelessness on your part. Perhaps they would still be replaceable.
Not that I wouldn’t want you to buy a set of ours(!)😉😁, but since you’ve already spent money on those, might be worth a quick phone call just to find out.

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
WH got a hold of me and are giving me a full refund and sending out their new Super bumpers. I did not even ask them to do that given it has been a while since they were purchased. Thanks WH!!! Customer service is king and I appreciate your help. Thanks Jim!

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I put those WH supers on my Bronco last fall. They are beautiful and a very high quality.

OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
When they arrive I’ll do a review on them so others know what to expect. Looking forward to getting them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Torkman66

Torkman66

Contributor
Received the new WH bumpers. They are much better than the ones I originally had purchased. No waves or dents. Chrome is nice. They have some minor blemishes but are nice enough for any show bronco. Very straight. Very shinny. Again, thanks to WH for fixing my issue.
IMG_8518.jpeg

bfoldy

Contributor
Loc.
Torrance, CA
Thanks for sharing. Just another testament that Wild Horses goes above and beyond in their customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk