• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coyote Swap - Transmission Harness

Walt66

Contributor
I’m building out my ‘66 Bronco with a Gen II Coyote. Installed a new Atlas transfer case as well. I just changed the engine harness from manual to auto to accept the 6R80, and have extra connectors. Does anyone have recommendations for connecting or blanking these off? Also have a similar situation at the end of the engine harness after the oil pressure switch. There are two extra connections there as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9310.jpeg
    IMG_9310.jpeg
    221.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_9311.jpeg
    IMG_9311.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 19

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I think the extra by oil is low oil level switch. Dont think I used that one. The ones at the back I think are extra O2 sensors. The harness is set up for 4 sensors but you only use two.

OP
OP
Walt66

Walt66

Contributor
Thanks for the info - I suspected the ones at the back were for the additional O2 sensors, but wasn't certain. Is there something in the tune that needs to be done to eliminate the additional O2 sensors, or is that already taken care of with the aftermarket Ford control pack?

While I'm asking - I also have two more connectors that are identical located roughly behind each head. Not sure what these are for either. If you have any insight it would be much appreciated. See attached pics.

I'm also planning on isolating and sealing the wires not used so they don't cause future issues. Do you see any issues with this approach?

Attachments

• IMG_9319.jpg
    IMG_9319.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9321.jpg
    IMG_9321.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 11

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
Control pack has it taken care of.

Is the one the crankshaft position sensor on top of the block where it attaches to the trans? There are also two cylinder head temop sensors and two camshaft position sensors per side.

I see no issues isolating the wires.

OP
OP
Walt66

Walt66

Contributor
Control pack has it taken care of.

Is the one the crankshaft position sensor on top of the block where it attaches to the trans? There are also two cylinder head temop sensors and two camshaft position sensors per side.

I see no issues isolating the wires.
Thanks for the help. I have the crankshaft position sensor connected. Cam shaft position sensors are connected as well. I'll dig a bit deeper when I get home this evening.

OP
OP
Walt66

Walt66

Contributor
FYI - apparently my engine was missing the CMCV actuators on the back of the intake manifold. It was cheaper to buy a new manifold.