• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Transfer Seat Part 2

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
I have found that 20 second videos seem to be about the max.

Do them in sections.

Video #1 then intermission for popcorn, bathroom break for the old guys, then the second video to wrap it up! :)

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Dang cool. Great ingenuity. Hurry up - I want to see it working!!! :) :) :)

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Ok so got my plates mounted, and decide the best way to mount the gear box was to tack 3 1/4” nuts on the bottom. I know I strayed from the 6mm consistency but the GM window motor uses 1/4” bolts lol! Anyways got that tacked in there and then had to make a trip to the hardware store to find some nice spacers instead of nuts and washers!
IMG_8496.jpeg IMG_8497.jpeg IMG_8494.jpeg IMG_8495.jpeg IMG_8505.jpeg IMG_8506.jpeg IMG_8507.jpeg

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Here’s a short video of it moving back and fourth under power. It’s upside down at the moment and I havnt tried it with any weight yet. I’m hoping this week or next we get to put it all together and test it out!!! I also need to find some sort of limiter to cut the motor when it reaches either end of its travel because it stall wants to run even when it reaches its limit, the motor in my van seat which is the same stops so not sure if it has an internal system that senses stress or if it’s wired in somewhere else! Anyways enjoy the first sight of progress here!

View attachment IMG_8508.mov

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Not much of an update here, just need to attach my 4 link system back on and get this thing tested! My dad has some skid forks for the kabota tractor that I’m going to clamp this thing to and start load testing it. When? That’s the big question probably won’t be until next week. Big end of seasons soccer ⚽️ game for my little guy in preschool and then after party bbq here at the house. Then Sunday a big wine and art event our store helps out with to raise money for scholarships to give to the highschool students here! Don’t worry I’ll post all the action as soon as it happens!

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
View attachment IMG_8893.mov
Well, I had an hour of free time today so my dad and I bolted the 4 link arm on. We put it on the pallet skids to give it a try and that was a great idea because we could raise or lower it to make it easy to work on. Any ways first test was in out then up down with out any weight. Then I looked around for the heaviest thing I could find and spotted an extra deep cycle marine battery (approximately 65lbs) I figured this was a good start! I’ll let you watch the video but I think it handled it just fine! I ran out of time but really it’s just time to test more weight on it. I’m thinking 300lbs as I’m 200 and the seat is 30-40 lbs that should give me a built in safety factor of 50 lbs just in case I eat to much and get fat lol!

IMG_8883.jpeg IMG_8887.jpeg IMG_8888.jpeg IMG_8891.jpeg IMG_8889.jpeg IMG_8895.jpeg
View attachment IMG_8892.mov

OP
OP
rydog1130

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I did some weight testing on it, in and out no problem! Up down…welll….down works really good but it struggles lifting back up even without a load so im not sure what’s up. Do I have any Mercury trim/tilt gurus in the group?