• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Explorer Package

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I thought I'd add this info to the thread. I've been collecting the paint codes and numbers produced for the 72 Explorer Sports. The great majority were Durango Tan and Ginger Metallic, but I've found that there were limited numbers produced for several other colors. If anyone has Marti Reports for the missing colors I'd love to see them.

I have an original paint "T" code/Candyapple Red 72 E/S, that is what sent me on this mission.

3006 total 72 E/S made
1655 Durango Tan/Light Goldenrod (paint code X)
488 Hot Ginger Metallic (paint code Z)
260 Sequoia Brown (paint code R)- unconfirmed, no actual Marti Report posted
141 Candyapple Red (paint code T)
118 Tampico Yellow (paint code 8)- unconfirmed, no actual Marti Report posted
96 Seapine Green (paint code O)- unconfirmed, not actual Marti Report posted
71 Royal Maroon (paint code 2)
66 Mallard Green (paint code V)
60 Winter Green (paint code Q)
36 Chrome Yellow (paint code G)
15 unknown

I think I've given you all the ones I've got, I'll look back through though.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll have to double check when I can, but I believe that one of our (WH) Broncos is a '72 Seapine Green model. If it is an Explorer, I'll see if Jim has a Marti on it.

Paul

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just got a 74 Viking Red Explorer, original paint and interior. Floors are in bad shape from the red floor mat., but other than that she is super solid!

No fair just dropping that description without pics.....you know the rule, lol.