• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Name that part!

betzgb

Contributor
Anyone know what this is? Found it in boxes of old bronco parts.

IMG_7296.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Spring hanger for another vehicle maybe? What’s the distance between the two ears? and the size of the holes.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Was thinking it would make a good stabilizer mount for a Bilstein because the one that fits best has an eye at one end.

OP
OP
B

betzgb

Contributor
What about this one? Ever seen it on an old bronco?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dc4a612979f685b6c65d66b2feb488ee.jpg

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Top one is not a Bronco part. But with the indentions and overall appearance it looks like the front leaf spring mount on GM/Chrysler unibody cars.

Second looks like an original style mirror base for the driver's door.

catfan

Contributor
Top one is not a Bronco part. But with the indentions and overall appearance it looks like the front leaf spring mount on GM/Chrysler unibody cars.

Second looks like an original style mirror base for the driver's door.
Looks to weak for a spring hanger.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And in that case it would be a jeep spring hanger because they were always breaking off!😁
But it doesn’t look like one of those either. Probably just a pivot bracket for some sort of anchoring arm or spring loaded thing for opening and closing the door or panel.

This would be a perfect chance to revive the old “guess this part” thread I bet! Even though you’re getting some action here on your discussion, that would open it up to dozens or even hundreds more members.
Been awhile since we have seen that discussion.

svastano

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pulaski, PA
And in that case it would be a jeep spring hanger because they were always breaking off!😁
But it doesn’t look like one of those either. Probably just a pivot bracket for some sort of anchoring arm or spring loaded thing for opening and closing the door or panel.

This would be a perfect chance to revive the old “guess this part” thread I bet! Even though you’re getting some action here on your discussion, that would open it up to dozens or even hundreds more members.
I agree, I loved that thread

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

don't say that J word haha

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I could use some help identifying a part.

Attachments

• PXL_20240326_011946461.jpg
    PXL_20240326_011946461.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 25
  • PXL_20240326_011951423.jpg
    PXL_20240326_011951423.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 26

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
I was thinking it had something to do with that tank, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the help.