• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Turn Signal Not Working - a new scenario

motokraus

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Newbie Bronco owner. Have wanted one for a long time, just got delivery of a 1969 U15, stock 302, 3spd on the floor. I have read through all of the turn signal threads and none seem to match my scenario... could use some help on next steps.

• Rear driver side turn signal is not working
  • Bulb is good, brake lights, 4 way flashers and all other turn signals work (including front driver side)
  • Tested power back to the rear and its not getting any voltage when the turn signal is on
  • Tested power at the firewall, no voltage when turn signal is on
I'm thinking I'll need to pull the steering column apart, but wanted to check here to see if there is anything else I could try before we do that.

Thanks all

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Problem is in turn signal switch. Front and rear turn circuits are completely separate.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Before you pull it out do a few tests. Take the wheel off and jump the switch contact points on the switch itself. They should light up / flash using a jumper wire even if the switch is bad. I have had really good luck just by bending the plastic tabs / ears on the switch and have it make good contact and keep working for years as long as it is a Ford piece. The Dorman ones are not as well made and may break when you try to bend it.