• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Waste spark coil wire size???

latrucker

Contributor
Does anyone know what wire gauge size is sufficient for waste spark coils? I’m wiring up a Holley Terminator X Max to use my waste spark coils. Holley doesn’t make one and I don’t want to chop up my COP harness so I can go that route in the future. Holley terminator uses a 20 ga wire for the COP. Is that sufficient for waste spark coils?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Just a trigger wire correct? That's all I can think of.

I don't have my "stuff" yet but I have this coming which is supposed to make it easier to hook up waste spark. I am below rookie level on knowledge here but... :)

HOL 554-112 Four Channel Coil Driver Module Kit (with Wiring)

OP
OP
latrucker

latrucker

Contributor
Just a trigger wire correct? That's all I can think of.

I don't have my "stuff" yet but I have this coming which is supposed to make it easier to hook up waste spark. I am below rookie level on knowledge here but... :)

HOL 554-112 Four Channel Coil Driver Module Kit (with Wiring)
Each coil has 3 wireS, 2 triggers and a power wire. Bought new motorcraft plugs for the coils and it came pre-terminated with wire. The wire that came on the plug is much larger than the 20 ga wire that Holley used in the COP harness that came with my kit. The difference in wire size just got me wondering if it requires larger that 20 ga. Probably overthinking it but that's what I do!!!! o_O

nvrstuk

Contributor
Understand. If I get my sub harness I can check the guage size.

I overthink that stuff too. Can't go wrong with larger ga wire tho‐ so long as the pin will accept it.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Here's what Holley calls wasted spark :) !! Pic # 1.

Pic showing directions too

Attachments

• 20240304_171951.jpg
    20240304_171951.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240304_172139.jpg
    20240304_172139.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 7