• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Frame repair trick

joshua

Contributor
Here’s a little trick I came up with to patch a frame. It’s probably been done before, but I’ve never seen it. I just cut it a little bigger than the hole then nibbled away with the grinder using the hinge to keep it in the same place.

Attachments

• IMG_4294.mov
    45.1 MB
  • IMG_4303.mov
    60.3 MB

67sport

Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
There's a guy on YouTube with a pretty great channel called fitzees fabrications. He does a thing he calls the cut-n-but that is very similar for sheet metal. His claim to fame is pretty wild sheet metal repair with basic tools. Great channel. Check out his crusty build, fully custom Toyota Corolla drag car.
Great sheet metal tips on his channel to apply to any old sheet metal.

OP
OP
joshua

joshua

Contributor
Yes I have seen the cut and but on body panels! I have tried it on some floors panels. Works great!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Here’s a little trick I came up with to patch a frame. It’s probably been done before, but I’ve never seen it. I just cut it a little bigger than the hole then nibbled away with the grinder using the hinge to keep it in the same place.

nicely done..