• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

The Red "R" . . . and Some Other Small Mods . . . Fog Lights Work!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
This Bronco is my daily driver so I'm not going to do a lot mods to it but I will be doing a few small ones that I'll document in this thread. It already had the Raptor lights when I got but I changed them to 3 lights from the 5 the PO installed. He also installed the carbon fiber-look bug deflector which I like and will keep. I have some LED fog/driving lights I'll be installing someday but not sure how or where I want them mounted. I'm not that wild about ditch lights. The PO had also installed stick-on door sill protectors but yhey were already coming up along the edges. I pulled them off and cleaned up the residua; glue.

That brings me to a couple of mods I'm working on: Rear cup holders and a roof half-rack. My Badlands marine vinyl interior back seat did not come with a drop down armrest with cup holders. I ordered the one from Mabett. I think this same one is marketed under several different names?? It arrived and seems to be pretty well built. I looked at several roof half-racks and choose the one from Hooke Road. It too looks to be very well built.

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3143.JPG

More pics after I install them!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Got the cup holder installed.

IMG_3141.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3155.JPG

Cupholder removed from bracket.

IMG_3156.JPG

With rear seat folded down.

IMG_3157.JPG

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Also got the half rack installed. Pretty easy installation and the mounting points Ford provided appear to be much stronger than I thought they would be. Plenty strong to use as lifting points if I ever rig a hoist to pull the top off. Hooke Road rack is very well made. But haven't tried it loaded yet.

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

IMG_3152.JPG

IMG_3153.JPG IMG_3154.JPG

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, they should have put a bigger space between the "E" and the "R" in HOOKE ROAD"!! LOL

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
It all looks good. Yeah dont know why Ford didnt put rear cup holders in the trucks with vinyl seats. I put the cup holders that go over the door pockets on my wifes bronco they are nice because you dont need to remove them to fold the seats and they look really stock. They also add a little more storage to the door and since they are not mesh small items dont fall out. I dont have any pics, I think I got mine from Sticker Fab. That roof rack is nice, I wanted to get one for my two door but I am leaning towards selling it so no more mods until I make up my mind.

Glad someone asked about the Red R. I never knew the connection either! Now I can say I learned something today!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
There is a new carwash in Pueblo I've been using. It's a brush carwash but pretty cool - you ride on a conveyer belt. I was a little unsure of going through it with the new roof rack so I pulled in asked the attendant if the rack was OK. No problem! he says. They have a setting for cars/SUVs with roof racks where the top brush does not fully lower on the vehicle - just barely touches the rack. It worked well and cleaned the entire roof better than I expected. Learned something new!

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm finding the Badlands interior with no headliner on the hard top and no carpeting is a bit louder at highway speeds than I like. So I ordered a headliner kit with sound deadening from Hothead to take advantage of their 10% off Black Friday Sale. HOTHEAD

Anybody have any experience with Hothead?

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
No experience with them but looks like a nice kit. Wish they had one for the 2 door. I agree the rubber floor with hard top and no insulation is a little loud. My 2 door Black Diamond is the same set up. Let us know how it works out.