• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Twinsticks... Pics added. Any ideas?

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Im installing a set of home made twin sticks that I just picked up and they've been fightin me all the way. I got the Hurst 3 speed on te floor and I cant put the hurst linkages back in w/o 'em runnin into the twin stick linkages. Should I just bend the rods on the hurst to make them work or is that a bad idea? (should I just re-install the T shift?)

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I've not installed either one, but if it were me, I'd bend the home-made twin sticks before I'd bend the hurst shifter.

OP
OP
Bitch'nBronco

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Well, I bent 'em up and I think more creativity is in store for me. Still didnt fit so I wil sleep on it and work on it again tomorrow. I will also post some pics if I still cant figure it out tomorrow. Thanks!

DanWheeler

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kirkland, WA
i had to bend mine all over the place. multiple bends at different places. 3" body lift. Still didn't get it quite right but it works. Lots more bending to do when I put in the NP435

if you have a body lift you may need to install the boot upside down.

fireman1749

Loc.
Clarksville, TN
Buy a jeep t-150 shifter and convert it to a toploader... makes things so much better....

Attachments

• DSC00344.jpg
    DSC00344.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC00338.jpg
    DSC00338.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 24